LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Does Alex Smith have any Trade Value???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
He should be able to yield a 2nd Round pick.

Lol
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Lol

You disagree or agree?

As niners fans we really shouldn't be trying to devalue a player who, potentially, we want to trade. Just saying ....

Lol

You disagree or agree?

As niners fans we really shouldn't be trying to devalue a player who, potentially, we want to trade. Just saying ....
I just hope this decision doesn't back fire on us, right when i heard Bowman was extended i felt like the writing was on the wall and they were going to move forward with kaep, and while i have been patiently waiting for someone with a bigger skill set to come along, and someone who can make plays happen instead of take whatever you can get with no risk.

But at the same time, i saw Alex start to get a lot better, and start to assert himself as one of the top 10 Qb's this year, i felt like we could do damage with him, personally i think we can win a superbowl with either QB, but i dont really expect it honestly, i would still be happy with any playoff run, that includes a win and a home game to attend. Only one team gets the ultimate prize, we are one of 6 teams that i feel has the legit shot, but we still dont have an Elite Qb no matter which one we play, and our Offense as a whole doesn't have the same type of WR's and the play making ability that truly great WR's bring.

But go KAep, i think Alex could fetch at least a 2nd round pick, there should be several teams that would be interested

Lol

You disagree or agree?

Originally posted by jcashen87:
I just hope this decision doesn't back fire on us, right when i heard Bowman was extended i felt like the writing was on the wall and they were going to move forward with kaep, and while i have been patiently waiting for someone with a bigger skill set to come along, and someone who can make plays happen instead of take whatever you can get with no risk.

But at the same time, i saw Alex start to get a lot better, and start to assert himself as one of the top 10 Qb's this year, i felt like we could do damage with him, personally i think we can win a superbowl with either QB, but i dont really expect it honestly, i would still be happy with any playoff run, that includes a win and a home game to attend. Only one team gets the ultimate prize, we are one of 6 teams that i feel has the legit shot, but we still dont have an Elite Qb no matter which one we play, and our Offense as a whole doesn't have the same type of WR's and the play making ability that truly great WR's bring.

But go KAep, i think Alex could fetch at least a 2nd round pick, there should be several teams that would be interested

Smith has gotten better every year he's been healthy. I think he would continue to improve this year and I thought he'd be in the pro bowl at the end of the season. Next year he'll likely be with another team and playing football at a top 10 level imo.
Originally posted by taney71:

Lol

You disagree or agree?

You're right. Bill Polian was probably reading this thread and was all yeah taney71 is right, I'm gonna deal a second round pick for Alex but then ninersrule4 was all Lol and Bill was like wait did he just post Lol maybe I shouldn't.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Lol

You disagree or agree?

You're right. Bill Polian was probably reading this thread and was all yeah taney71 is right, I'm gonna deal a second round pick for Alex but then ninersrule4 was all Lol and Bill was like wait did he just post Lol maybe I shouldn't.

Cute.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

You do know Bill Polian is out of football right?

I would LOVE it if the Niners could get a 2nd rd pick from KC. That would be ideal and would give the Niners:

1 First
2 Seconds
2 Thirds
1 4th
2 Fifths
2 6ths
2 7ths

With the right trades they can set this team up for a long time. I think they will focus on the Defensive side of the ball and get a Pass Rushing OLB, 2 DL, and 2 DBs

Lol
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I would LOVE it if the Niners could get a 2nd rd pick from KC. That would be ideal and would give the Niners:

1 First
2 Seconds
2 Thirds
1 4th
2 Fifths
2 6ths
2 7ths

With the right trades they can set this team up for a long time. I think they will focus on the Defensive side of the ball and get a Pass Rushing OLB, 2 DL, and 2 DBs

My question is when do you trade Alex Smith?
Originally posted by jcashen87:

Smith has gotten better every year he's been healthy. I think he would continue to improve this year and I thought he'd be in the pro bowl at the end of the season. Next year he'll likely be with another team and playing football at a top 10 level imo.

I agree he has made some strides year in and year out that were sometimes significant but not really compared to this year, he wasn't always consistent but not many QB's are right now with all these adderall addicted corners, this year i saw him beat GB, and Beat Detroit and i had a lot of hope, he was doing it with his arm, scoring a couple TD's each game, my biggest knock on Alex this last year and a half was/is he and the offense did not score enough TD's and the running game wasn't close enough a lot of times(1-5 yard line) to punch it in, so we made FG's. In several games this year though i saw him do that(score 2 or more TD's), that is whats bittersweet, but im just hoping Kaep shines and Harbaugh looks like a genius, cause that means we are winning,

I have confidence though that Jim can go back to Alex if Kaep struggles and Alex wont have missed a beat, Alex wants a ring here, and i think even if Jim looks a little foolish doing it, Alex could come step in and play at a high level right away. I dont think he will let some resentment stop that if the opportunity arises. Hes been through too much, he is pretty mentally tough.

1 First
2 Seconds
2 Thirds
1 4th
2 Fifths
2 6ths
2 7ths

he will ask to be traded once the season is over....I'm sure he is very much ASAP right now
Originally posted by jreff22:

1 First
2 Seconds
2 Thirds
1 4th
2 Fifths
2 6ths
2 7ths

he will ask to be traded once the season is over....I'm sure he is very much ASAP right now

Am I the only one thinking teams will not want to trade for him knowing that the 9ers have to take a cap hit to keep him on the roster? What are people's thinking on that?
Share 49ersWebzone