LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Does Alex Smith have any Trade Value???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
We most likely can't get anything for Smith.

I'm not worried about where Alex goes, even if Arizona. Arizona doesn't have a dominant offensive line or run game.

Not so much about how to improve their offense, but how to shut down our offense.

Smith >> Adam Snyder in that regard.

Interesting point. A QB playing the role of an assistant to the DC. Shades of Shakespeare's Coriolanus.
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
The following teams could REALISTICALLY have interest in Alex for next season:

Buffalo - Cheaper and better than Fitzpatrick, offense is (or should be) run based with Jackson and Spiller.
Jets - A great fit, a team that is supposed to be built on defense and the run game. No QB currently who should ever start in the NFL.
Jacksonville - Gabbert is a bust and Henne is serviceable, but not at Alex's level. Again, with MJD they have a solid run game.
Cleveland - Their rookie is 30 and has not been special. Good young run game and solid D. A QB like Alex would have win them 3-4 more games this season.
Kansas City - No QBs on the roster. Solid run game. Inconsistent D but with some real talent (Hali, Berry)
Philadelphia - Foles isn't ready. Vick is a wreck. New HC could bring in a guy they think will steady the ship.
Minnesota - Ponder has looked shaky. AP+Harvin+a qb who takes care of the ball would be an interesting group. Likely not willing to give up on Ponder yet.
Arizona - They've tried 3 QBs and all have failed. They've seen Alex carve them up. And don't forget - Alex knows every nuance of the Niner system. Adding him to a division rival gives them a huge advantage. Could probably yell the upcoming play to the defense while the Niner O is shifting around.

SD, Dallas, Oakland, Tennessee, Baltimore, Miami, St Louis, and Seattle are unlikely to give up on their current QBs, either because they are viewed as franchise guys having down years or young guys with big upside.

The other 15 teams all have young guys they love or franchise guys in place - Brady, Dalton, Ben, Schaub, Luck, Manning 1 and 2, Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler, Ryan, Brees, Freeman, Newton, RG3

Still, assuming that Kaep doesn't fall down (I actually think he will) and Smith is released as a cap casualty (or forces his way out), one of those first 8 teams will very likely have him starting under center next season (barring a major shakeup in SD, Dallas, or Baltimore).

Will Baltimore willing to pay Flacco elite money? That's is the big question with the Ravens. The decision will be easy if Flacco fails in the playoffs.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Alex Smith: You state your case with your play. I felt I did that.
Originally posted by verb1der:

Seems like a reasonable statement.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

He should've stated his case vs the Giants.
Quote:

Virtually nobody put together that much of a case iirc.

One game, injured, no one else has done much better blah blah blah... I'm not going to argue with you since you're going to slam him no matter what.

I think he stated it with a 104 QBR. Obviously, that wasn't good enough.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Nov 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Quote:

Virtually nobody put together that much of a case iirc.

He should'nt have thrown 3 INTs at the very least. The Giants are a roadblock to a Superbowl win, and that game was supposed to be a barometer of how much Alex has improved against a legit playoff team, and instead he regressed.

I was rooting for Alex prior to the game when he hyped it up by saying "this is unfinished business."

If he would've won that game, he would probably be starting right now.
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM ]
One game, injured, no one else has done much better blah blah blah... I'm not going to argue with you since you're going to slam him no matter what.

I'm not trying to slam the guy, I'm just saying that technically he could've made a stronger statement with his play. He left plenty to desire and it's hard to argue that.

I'm not trying to slam the guy, I'm just saying that technically he could've made a stronger statement with his play. He left plenty to desire and it's hard to argue that.

The entire team including our coaches left a lot to be desired that game. I can't put it all on Alex, but no it wasn't his greatest performance. In fact, was by far his worst.

Heard Maiocco posted AS annoucment..where can i find that..twitter
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Heard Maiocco posted AS annoucment..where can i find that..twitter

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Alex-Smith-It-sucks-I-dont-know-what-els?blockID=807701&feedID=5936
He should be able to yield a 2nd Round pick.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Considering what Palmer got, I'd agree.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Considering what Palmer got, I'd agree.

We just need an owner to hire Hugh Jackson as their GM, and we're good.
Share 49ersWebzone