LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Who should be the 49ers QB for the rest of the year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who should be the 49ers QB for the rest of the year?

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I too voted for Kaep. But I find the vitriole in here hilarious. You clearly have an agenda if you think the difference in the two right now is that glaring in terms of on field production. Kaep will be a way better QB in time, but right now I have them pretty even, wildly different in their approach, skill set, and attitude...but pretty even.

Hell If we had a weaker D, I might go with Alex because he is the safer play. Kaep is far more dynamic and with that style comes some risk. I have faith that our Defense can make up for the occasional misstep..so I am comfortable taking the guy who is capable of saving a game we wouldnt win with Smith because our D can step in and take over a game where Kaep takes a risk to many, or shows his youth with a bad decision.

Kaep had one INT off of a horrible snap... why does everyone keep saying that kaep makes bad decisions? he finds the open man and drives the ball in their chest.. goes through his progressions and finds the open man.. These aren't risks.. If you consider it to be risky to throw the ball over 10 yards then you have been watching Smith for way too long. Kaep has great vision and i love his play style.. He doesnt give up and check down
The great tolzien! With nate Davis as backup.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Alex Kap will get figured out and cave in the playoffs. Not quite ready yet.

And no one has figured out Alex Smith? Child please.........
Originally posted by da209:
Alex smith; you should not lose your job due to an injury; if it wasn't for those 2 fumbles we probably would have been in the super bowl.. We been winning with A. smith, so if it's not broken
Alex smith; you should not lose your job due to an injury; if it wasn't for those 2 fumbles we probably would have been in the super bowl.. We been winning with A. smith, so if it's not broken don't fix.
Alex Smith did not "lose" his job to an injury! He lost his job because our head coach took an opportunity to insert the "better" player. The player HE PICKED,,, The "player" HE (JH) see's in practice everyday! It amazes me that when JH kept AS in the lineup, the Smith fans made themselves believe that it was because JH was convinced of the greatness of AS... But when JH makes a move away from AS it's some kind of conspiracy, ineptitude or shortsightedness! JH went with the better QB! A QB that can convert 3rd downs, a QB without a million limitations... CK is flat out Better than Smith! And our spectacularly brilliant head coach "Coach of the YEAR" knew it, knows it and did something about it... Great players don't lose their jobs to injury!

Dirty
Kaep. Make a decision and go with it. Also, it aint fair to either QB to mess with their heads by will he or wont he. Kaep and look to move Alex in the off season.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Alex Kap will get figured out and cave in the playoffs. Not quite ready yet.

And no one has figured out Alex Smith? Child please.........

Haven't heard "Child Please" in a minute LOL
Originally posted by Dirty9er:
Alex Smith did not "lose" his job to an injury! He lost his job because our head coach took an opportunity to insert the "better" player. The player HE PICKED,,, The "player" HE (JH) see's in practice everyday! It amazes me that when JH kept AS in the lineup, the Smith fans made themselves believe that it was because JH was convinced of the greatness of AS... But when JH makes a move away from AS it's some kind of conspiracy, ineptitude or shortsightedness! JH went with the better QB! A QB that can convert 3rd downs, a QB without a million limitations... CK is flat out Better than Smith! And our spectacularly brilliant head coach "Coach of the YEAR" knew it, knows it and did something about it... Great players don't lose their jobs to injury!

Dirty

well said
Originally posted by forty9ers:

Dirty

well said

then why wasn't CK7 inserted as a starter earlier? If Harbs has always known that CK is better, why not play him from jump?
Alex smith; you should not lose your job due to an injury; if it wasn't for those 2 fumbles we probably would have been in the super bowl.. We been winning with A. smith, so if it's not broken
Alex smith; you should not lose your job due to an injury; if it wasn't for those 2 fumbles we probably would have been in the super bowl.. We been winning with A. smith, so if it's not broken don't fix.

Dirty

Hence why we went after Peyton Manning in the offseason. lol

Some people are clueless...
Kaep had one INT off of a horrible snap... why does everyone keep saying that kaep makes bad decisions? he finds the open man and drives the ball in their chest.. goes through his progressions and finds the open man.. These aren't risks.. If you consider it to be risky to throw the ball over 10 yards then you have been watching Smith for way too long. Kaep has great vision and i love his play style.. He doesnt give up and check down

Agreed. 1 turnover in 2 games is hardly making bad decisions.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
then why wasn't CK7 inserted as a starter earlier? If Harbs has always known that CK is better, why not play him from jump?

to see if Alex learned anything in the offseason...which he did not, still relies on check down to much and doesn't push the ball down the field
^^^ True dat.
[ Edited by zomg_its_ryan on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:38 PM ]

to see if Alex learned anything in the offseason...which he did not, still relies on check down to much and doesn't push the ball down the field
Ah. So the truth is that right when Smith was concussed JH finally got fed up and decided to play the better player? The light bulb went on right after Smith was 7/8 with a TD to Crabs?

..and this assumes that Smith will not be the starter next week, something which Harbs has not yet said. What if Harbs goes with Smith on Wednesday?
NineFourNiner: Ah. So the truth is that right when Smith was concussed JH finally got fed up and decided to play the better player? The light bulb went on right after Smith was 7/8 with a TD to Crabs? ..and this assumes that Smith will not be the starter next week, something which Harbs has not yet said. What if Harbs goes with Smith on Wednesday? Which I think he will do.
[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Nov 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM ]

Ah. So the truth is that right when Smith was concussed JH finally got fed up and decided to play the better player? The light bulb went on right after Smith was 7/8 with a TD to Crabs?

..and this assumes that Smith will not be the starter next week, something which Harbs has not yet said. What if Harbs goes with Smith on Wednesday?

actually he did try to get KAep in..member the whole QB carousel ?

if Smith doesnt start this weekend ..it's permabench for AS
Share 49ersWebzone