There are 171 users in the forums

LeMichael James NEW KR/PR & WR AJ Jenkins promotion!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

LeMichael James NEW KR/PR & WR AJ Jenkins promotion!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
even if LeMik
Not sure if this was mentioned... but I think LMJ may be okay handling kick return duties inside St. Louis' dome. At least he can gain game experience. He did it a s**t ton in Oregon.. it's not like he's unable to do it.

Give him some confidence.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Not sure if this was mentioned... but I think LMJ may be okay handling kick return duties inside St. Louis' dome. At least he can gain game experience. He did it a s**t ton in Oregon.. it's not like he's unable to do it.

no. you do not throw him out there, esp the way he sucked in pre season in a dome full of crazys yelling at him. do you have a death wish for the kid. let ginn do both, if he f**ks up or gets hurt, parish cox can be more than respectable
Welcome rookies to the line up. I sure hope your ready.
All it takes is two muffed punts and then no suoer bowl.
[ Edited by LBSI9ers on Nov 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

no. you do not throw him out there, esp the way he sucked in pre season in a dome full of crazys yelling at him. do you have a death wish for the kid. let ginn do both, if he f**ks up or gets hurt, parish cox can be more than respectable

He sucked at PR. IIRC, he did just fine as a KR, and he was deadly at it in college.
Aaaaand we bring up Jewel HAmpton, and sign some scrub Philly cut.....
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
All it takes is two muffed punts and then no suoer bowl.

Wait I am on to something....

That would mean

all it takes...

is two "non-muffed" punts and then that = superbowl?

We got this...... championship.
What's up with AJ Jenkins? A 1st round WR and hasn't hit the field yet??? My goodness. They better suit him up since Kyle's out and see what this kids got!!!

Seems like they may use Ginn more at WR now...

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
What's up with AJ Jenkins? A 1st round WR and hasn't hit the field yet??? My goodness. They better suit him up since Kyle's out and see what this kids got!!!

Not going to happen unless AJ has convinced the coaches that a combo of Crabs, Ham and Jenkins is better then a combo of Crabs, Ham, Moss or Ginn or even Walker.

Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Seems like they may use Ginn more at WR now...

See above. If he has any kind of injury then it will mean more of Moss or even Walker before we more of Ginn let alone Jenkins.
does it bother anyone else when they watch punt returns? between ted ginn dancing around and kyle williams fair catching everything with space AND inside the ten yard line?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kujon11:
does it bother anyone else when they watch punt returns? between ted ginn dancing around and kyle williams fair catching everything with space AND inside the ten yard line?

Seeing how you couldn't see the ball spinning but he could I trust KW's choices rather then yours. The ball probably had forward spin or no spin and would have bounced sideways or not at all and stayed where he was. Also its just more logical to FC a punt at the 10 rather then give the quickly closing gunners because they were closer then you were saying a chance to down it closer to the goal line and pin your essentially rookie QB inside the 5 or closer, it is safer to take the "sure" FC at the 10 then play the percentages of a touchback versus the ball going out of bounds or being downed inside the 5. Giving him just that "much" more room to work worth.

Ginn's fumble was apparently attributed to a wrist injury sustained moments earlier, not due to him "dancing" around. Sorry to be so pointed but I hate when people complain about something but dont stop and think about why things may have happened the way they did.

Also dont you think Harbaugh likely told KW to fair catch EVERYTHING because we already turned the ball over once and he wants to minimize the chance of it happening again????
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM ]
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

Seeing how you couldn't see the ball spinning but he could I trust KW's choices rather then yours. The ball probably had forward spin or no spin and would have bounced sideways or not at all and stayed where he was. Also its just more logical to FC a punt at the 10 rather then give the quickly closing gunners because they were closer then you were saying a chance to down it closer to the goal line and pin your essentially rookie QB inside the 5 or closer, it is safer to take the "sure" FC at the 10 then play the percentages of a touchback versus the ball going out of bounds or being downed inside the 5. Giving him just that "much" more room to work worth.

Ginn's fumble was apparently attributed to a wrist injury sustained moments earlier, not due to him "dancing" around. Sorry to be so pointed but I hate when people complain about something but dont stop and think about why things may have happened the way they did.

Also dont you think Harbaugh likely told KW to fair catch EVERYTHING because we already turned the ball over once and he wants to minimize the chance of it happening again????

Bam.
Originally posted by sfout:

lol @ probably. second of all, it was inside the ten. it was at the six. third of all, what minimizes the chances of a muffed punt, oh wait, it's not touching it (inside the ten). finally, i never brought up ginn's fumble, i brought up the fact that he runs sideline to sideline far more often then he should.

rereading my post, you might have misinterpreted it. I should have uprobably used a semi-colon. The point was, KW fair catching punts with obviously large amounts of space along with faircatching inside of the ten (something he has a history of doing dating back to last year)
[ Edited by kujon11 on Nov 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone