There are 144 users in the forums

LeMichael James NEW KR/PR & WR AJ Jenkins promotion!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

LeMichael James NEW KR/PR & WR AJ Jenkins promotion!

Dumb play by Ginn, but no need to overreact.
Lemicheal failed at KR/PR in the preseason.. A LOT of muffs giggity.
I think AJ will shine and lamichael will do barely alrite. James need to add more muscle
I wouldn't call on LMJ for ST duties just yet, he was garbage in PS. I would activate him to be a backup RB and get garbage snaps though.

Jenkins should be playing next week.

Cox can return kicks if Ginn cant go
Originally posted by jreff22:
I wouldn't call on LMJ for ST duties just yet, he was garbage in PS. I would activate him to be a backup RB and get garbage snaps though.

good point, almost forgot Cox can be a return man
OP jinxed KW & KHunt.....
Eh put both in....Its the Rams....no way we come in cold again....cant wait to see what they got
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
No to LMJ. Yes to Jenkins.

This for me.

Did you watch James in preseason on punt returns? He looked real shaky back there. I would not feel confident with him on PR duties.

As for AJJ it sucks KW's got injured but hard to be mad at having a 1st round draft pick as depth to replace your 4th string wide receiver.
And, you all know Coach's aversion to rooks...who make mistakes, and much as I was excited to get him., LaMic is a punt fumbler deluxe. His TC and PS were enough to not suit him up all season...unless we absolutely had to. And if he does get on the field, it will NOT be fielding punts. He ran mostly between tackles in college, but his real role , I believe, was as a scatback, set wide of Qb and his job would be the release valve in a 3rd down passing play. Short pass behind LOS or lateral and let D try to tackle him. Problem is, a guy who can't field punts, "Can he catch a quick release pass?" And that is exactly what Coach H is worried about.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I think it's important to replace Hunter's yards gained as the change-of-pace RB. If you look on the 49ers depth chart, LMJ is the fourth RB listed. Jacobs is listed as the third RB. My hope and guess is that the coaches expect Jacobs to backup Gore and LMJ to back up Hunter as RB, but not as a punt returner. There's no telling whether the coaches trust LMJ enough to immediately slot him in Hunter's RB position. I hope he's ready, because Hunter provided a lot from scrimmage.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM ]

They said Ginn was hurt...so that could be the reason...hopefully he gets better and resolves this problem for us. If not, yeah we need to figure something out since we're missing Kyle.
I say promote LMJ to #2 today and force him to step his game up as next man up. If he's just flat out horrible after one half of football change it up, but the hour of need is now.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
* TIME 4 TED GINN 2 GET CUT!!
* LeMichael James would be a better option at KR/PR
* AJ Jenkins promotion after Kyle Williams Injury

Cut the only viable kick and punt returner and replace him with a guy who hasn't done it consistently.

Let's see what they can do.
Why would you cut Ginn this close to the end of the season. If you going to cut him wait until the off-season. He can still help our return game it's not that serious of and injury....
Share 49ersWebzone