There are 242 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Echoes of Kevin Gilbride: Jeff Fisher says Justin Smith does a "good job in the grab game" when he runs stunts with Aldon Smith.

Coaches trying to retain a competitive advantage. He's just trying to get officials to make some calls for his team.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Echoes of Kevin Gilbride: Jeff Fisher says Justin Smith does a "good job in the grab game" when he runs stunts with Aldon Smith.

That's the way we roll. Fisher should get himself another Justin Smith so he can do the same. If you can't stop it b***h about it.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 28, 2012 at 8:20 AM ]
Justin does look like he grabs and holds, I've paid attention to it since Gilbride mentioned it, but it's really hard to call for a ref because he perfected the technique

Why Fisher...why? Unlike Carroll, I have respect for you...a little less now though. Ha, like his OL never ever hold. Whatever.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Justin does look like he grabs and holds, I've paid attention to it since Gilbride mentioned it, but it's really hard to call for a ref because he perfected the technique

Of course he does but so do all other dline players on other NFL teams. What irks me is that opposing coaches are trying to get it selectively enforced on Justin Smith. If the NFL finds it is a problem then make a point of enforcing it on all players and teams. That's the practice and it is fair to everyone.
I love how all these teams b***h about Justin Smith's "holding" when every one these teams has already committed to double teaming him anyway. If you don't want him to grab your guards then stop double teaming him and see what happens!! They committ two blockers to him and then b***h about it???? WTF? Sounds like a bunch of whining to me.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I love how all these teams b***h about Justin Smith's "holding" when every one these teams has already committed to double teaming him anyway. If you don't want him to grab your guards then stop double teaming him and see what happens!! They committ two blockers to him and then b***h about it???? WTF? Sounds like a bunch of whining to me.

This.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Bingo.
actually Fisher isnt complaining
"I'm not implying, I'm just stating facts," he said. "And I'm not complaining. Everybody does it, and Justin does a great job of it. As long as his feet are moving toward the quarterback, it won't get called. It's a legal act. Now if he grabs and pulls backward - a pull and shoot -- it's not necessarily legal but it's not something that's going to be called."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/11/fisher-says-justin-smith-does-a-great-job-in-the-grab-game.html#storylink=cpy

Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Of course he does but so do all other dline players on other NFL teams. What irks me is that opposing coaches are trying to get it selectively enforced on Justin Smith. If the NFL finds it is a problem then make a point of enforcing it on all players and teams. That's the practice and it is fair to everyone.

Perhaps other dlinemen do it too, but the 49ers are the most effective at it because they have Aldon Smith so I think that's why it's been pointed out twice now.

Good thing is, it's almost impossible to call, only way it gets called is if Justin starts tugging the jersey, but he doesn't. The line judge has no angle on it, neither does the back judge...and its the way Justin sets up the guard to an absolute perfection.

Originally posted by rxrunner:
actually Fisher isnt complaining
"I'm not implying, I'm just stating facts," he said. "And I'm not complaining. Everybody does it, and Justin does a great job of it. As long as his feet are moving toward the quarterback, it won't get called. It's a legal act. Now if he grabs and pulls backward - a pull and shoot -- it's not necessarily legal but it's not something that's going to be called."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/11/fisher-says-justin-smith-does-a-great-job-in-the-grab-game.html#storylink=cpy

Sounds like it's coming from a coach that teaches the technique too. Talking about it on an opposition player.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

was not aware that grabbing is part of a bull rush. i hope our coach does not take the bait again on this
Originally posted by cciowa:

was not aware that grabbing is part of a bull rush. i hope our coach does not take the bait again on this

hopefully it doesn't effect AS again...i kid i kid
didn't know justin smith was that strong that he can hold two people one arm each. amazing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:

hopefully it doesn't effect AS again...i kid i kid
i am more worried about midwest time affecting the team like I think it did vs the vikings earlier in the year. alex can take care of himself
Share 49ersWebzone