LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Alex Smith's Future: What do you think will happen after this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith's Future: What do you think will happen after this season?

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Alex Smith wont be traded for anything more then a 7th round pick. So he will be better of as a back-up QB. Alex will make a very good back up.

You'll be surprised what we can get for him. In his prime, former starter making a low salary. Someone will bite on that.

IMO is depends how the offseason goes as far as coaching changes. Gonna be alot of coaching changes IMO in the coming offseason. I think there is a good chance someone bites as well.
JETS
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
JETS

That would be too funny to even watch. Might have hernia.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
JETS

That would be too funny to even watch. Might have hernia.

• cools
  • Veteran
He's under contract, and an excellent #2 option if Kap get hurt or struggles

Harbs can let his young QB do his thing and know he has a good insurance policy behind him, and i love Tolz as the 3,

Lots of teams will be looking for a QB, and may not want to take the time to develop a rook, I could see the Jets trying to trade for him
KC, Zona, Jacksonville, Philly, all would like an instant starter too, so we could also trade him, but I'd prefer Alex be our 2 in 2013
Originally posted by cools:
He's under contract, and an excellent #2 option if Kap get hurt or struggles

Harbs can let his young QB do his thing and know he has a good insurance policy behind him, and i love Tolz as the 3,

Lots of teams will be looking for a QB, and may not want to take the time to develop a rook, I could see the Jets trying to trade for him
KC, Zona, Jacksonville, Philly, all would like an instant starter too, so we could also trade him, but I'd prefer Alex be our 2 in 2013

You can't afford to pay a backup 9 million a year. That money can be used to help front-load a contract for one of our many super talented young players that we need to keep.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
JETS

imagine Tebow beating Alex for the QB position
Originally posted by fly15:
JETS

imagine Tebow beating Alex for the QB position

About the only place it will happen...in your imagination.
Bottom line Kaep is Harbaugh's boy. Alex does everything right but still gets hung out to dry. Kaep was going to be there sooner or later, just so happens the Bear game makes it sooner. Alex has millions and in 2013 he'll sign another big contract, but not with the Niners. With his tattoos and his look Kaep is super cool, however he probably won't be on the catwalk with Brady and Gisele anytime soon. But, who knows?
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Bottom line Kaep is Harbaugh's boy. Alex does everything right but still gets hung out to dry. Kaep was going to be there sooner or later, just so happens the Bear game makes it sooner. Alex has millions and in 2013 he'll sign another big contract, but not with the Niners. With his tattoos and his look Kaep is super cool, however he probably won't be on the catwalk with Brady and Gisele anytime soon. But, who knows?

YOUR HATING! STOP IF YOUR A TRUE NINER FAN!

i dont know why so many people are saying released? alex isnt a bad quarterback and quite a few teams would be willing to have him, especially for 8 mil a year? i have no doubt we could get atleast a 3rd and more for him. now do i think he will do good on a bad team? no, i think alex is the type of qb that needs all phases of the game to play well for him to succeed but that is for another thread. i think we trade him after the season before his bonus is due and save 8 mil cap room and resign some key defensive rising stars such as bowman.
If jh does go with kap.. smith will be done with the niners and will probly end up in miami.
Or arizona. Larry would love alex.. and that would be scary for us...
[ Edited by bluecoller49ninerfan on Nov 22, 2012 at 12:59 AM ]
Good draft day trade bait
i really hope he stays on the 49ers. he would make for a great #2
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
If jh does go with kap.. smith will be done with the niners and will probly end up in miami.
Or arizona. Larry would love alex.. and that would be scary for us...

Because he throws over 15 yards less than anybody in the league?
Share 49ersWebzone