LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oh and I was just on saintsreport and there is a thread confirming Kaeps start.

This just a rumor or has anyone else seen a report?
#ONESTEPCLOSERTOTOLZIEN
Looks like rumors and it is being reported on rotoworld that Kaep will start
There is an article out there that Brees knew about Bountygate all along (potential hits on Gore, Alex and Kyle Williams). He was apparently trying hard to explain some of the terms used by the Greg Williams before the audio tape was released. All this while, going on talk shows and saying that none of this happened...he had no knowledge...bunch of bull crap.
I hope he is embarassed on the field on Sunday!...much more importantly, a 49ers win.
We win 38-0 and near the end of the game the crowd starts chanting "We want Chase!"
Really, really worried. Hope we can pull this one out. I'm not fully sold that Kaepernick is ready just yet, not after one game -- especially considering how rough he was in spots against St. Louis, but if he can outshoot Brees in the Superdome, I'll be much more confident in him.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Really, really worried. Hope we can pull this one out. I'm not fully sold that Kaepernick is ready just yet, not after one game -- especially considering how rough he was in spots against St. Louis, but if he can outshoot Brees in the Superdome, I'll be much more confident in him.

Considering the Saints D is nowhere as good as the Bears D(before MNF), I'm not worried about Kaep starting.
There are risks on both ends of Kaep starting. It puts more pressure on our D and it puts pressure on other team's D. I see more turnovers on offense but also more scoring. Im not entirely sold on this decision by Jim, but in Harbaalke I trust!!! I just wouldve never though Jim takes away the job from Alex at this point. A lot to risk and what happens when Kaep has a bad game, "umm welcome back Alex, I'm sorry"???
We'll find out what Kaep's made of for sure. It will be a hostile environment especially now since the Saints are on a little winning streak.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Cant believe Kap is starting...... I think we are in for a looong game

Think we can break Brees's consecutive TD streak?
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Think we can break Brees's consecutive TD streak?

No if we have a weakness on D its our Coverage and DBs. We give up a lot of big plays deep and play too soft. I think if we do play like monday again we will still
allow one pass td.
Kaep embarrassed Chicago. I don't care what anyone says if he plays like that Sunday we will absolutely crush to the saints. Their secondary is light years behind Chicago with zero pass rush.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Kaep embarrassed Chicago. I don't care what anyone says if he plays like that Sunday we will absolutely crush to the saints. Their secondary is light years behind Chicago with zero pass rush.

their run D is more a libility IMO....time to bust out the ol' naked bootleg from the WCO archives and unleash CK7

(expect play action as well)
Originally posted by socalfan21:

It'll be a huge test for young Kaep, that stadium isn't a friendly place to play, and these b*****ds are rising on a hot-streak looking to obtain a wildcard. -I actually see our defense giving up some points, too. -Kaep either buries these motherf**kers, or puts the offense on his shoulders (in a shootout with Brees), and we get a W, Kaep gets another start (regardless of Smith's situation).
Share 49ersWebzone