LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

What were some of the offensive difference that you saw against the Bears?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do you guys think that we threw the football down the field more? Utilized Vernon more? Ran more/less?
Don't think it was any different. Seemed balance to me. I was surprised at how the Bears pass rush and coverage seems overrated before going into this game. Kaep's mobility really helped in keeping them off balance. There were a few sack avoidance by Kaep that with any other lesser runner would have resulted in a sack. But that in themselves wouldn't affected the game that much. It's the time he got from our O-line and his accuracy that made the difference. Kaep had one deep ball to Williams and one missed to VD that I can remember. Good overall game by Kaep and the offense. He didn't run as much and only when he had too. That's really good decisions. Staying in the pocket, making the throw, get the ball out to the play makers is what you really want from any qb.
The difference is that our offense was "explosive" for the first time in years. We were explosive against the NFL's #2 ranked defense. The offense hasn't looked like this since Garcia.

We scored on the first four possessions of the game. Something we haven't done since 2002. Ya, there sure was a "difference" on offense.
Kaepernick didn't run the ball much and pass the ball great which surprised the Bears def. If you look at the stats of the 9ers receiving crop it is about the same as usual though.
Originally posted by HOF49er:
Kaepernick didn't run the ball much and pass the ball great which surprised the Bears def. If you look at the stats of the 9ers receiving crop it is about the same as usual though.

They had 185 yards passing or so at half time. When the 9ers are up big like that they dont throw as much or take as many chances in the 2nd half. I think the biggest difference for me was the down the field throws. If Kaep can make decisions like he did yesterday consistently, he's going to be really, really good
  • cgida
  • Veteran
They did throw the ball down the field more. The Bear were prepared for it, but just weren't prepared to see that ball get to downfield spots with such velocity.
Overall though, it was a well balanced effort by the Offense. They gashed em for runs time after time, and Kaep did a hell of a job reading the defense and took advantage of some mis-matches. Still need to do alittle better on 3rd down conversions but overall, Good offensive game.

Oh and props to the Defensive Front for coming alive in this game!
I think the biggest difference of all...and I haven't really seen it mentioned yet is how well our O-line played in pass protection...
i dont think they gave up a single sack...
and for most of the game Kaep was free to make all his reads
Kaep was very willing to take shots. That was the big difference. There werent more or less passes than usual, just a greater willingness by the qb to take shots.

That and the bears too kaep far too lightly. Other teams won't and that'll be part Pf the adjustments going forward
Coaches and players say that the game plan and plays were the same....just that Kaep made the plays

Kaep is a lot taller then AS, maybe he just see the field better?

• GORO
  • Veteran
Game plan was the same. Offensive Line was better in pass protection then last week against Rams. Kaeper is a play maker whom on third downs gives us hope to convert. Alex would have played well with the protection but he would not have made that touchdown to Crabtree, Kaepernick made that play by sliding in the pocket to give him time to get open. Also that bullet pass down the middle to Vernon davis on third down fell short but Alex will not throw this pass with two defenders around Vernon.

The recievers are happier with Kaepernick as Qb and Harbaugh will have a tough decesion to make. Although Alex is not a stellar Qb he doesnot make crucial mistakes, but if he doesnot improve on third down then Kaepernick will be starting soon..
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Coaches and players say that the game plan and plays were the same....just that Kaep made the plays

Kaep is a lot taller then AS, maybe he just see the field better?

Kaep is maybe an inch taller than Smith, both are pretty tall dudes.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Had a vertical passes element for the first time all season....6 plays of the ball traveling at least 20 yards in the air before it touches the receiver. /discussion

That is why we won, we werent afraid to have Kaepernick turn it loose.
Receivers being hit in stride
Better blocking by the offensive line.
Share 49ersWebzone