There are 220 users in the forums

st. louis gaffe lucky for niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
on rams last drive in regulation rams called time out with about a minute left, after getting ball 1st and goal iirc---had they just run their plays without the time out niners may not have had any time to try to come back and tie in regulation
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
And if Akers wouldn't have missed that kick we would've won, if Rogers and the defense didn't get burnt we would've won.
Most importantly:

If we didn't allow that second FAKE PUNT, we would have won.

/thread

Fool me twice . . . . .
And if the Niners didnt draft Alex Smith, we would've won.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
And if the Niners didnt draft Alex Smith, we would've won.

You mean if Alex didn't go out with a concussion we would've won!!!
If Panda Sandoval didn't show up, we probably would have won.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if I had a cooch, i'd never leave the house.
Ony if....wat if....brah we didnt lose the game...we tied and we saw what are future is with Kaep....promising!!!!
If your aunt had balls...... She be your uncle

Originally posted by qua9er:
If your aunt had balls...... She be your uncle

Or both.....you know we live in a crazy world...
I really don't understand why people are making this out to be such a huge deal. It was blunder by the refs sure, but essentially after the first half it didn't matter. That minute does not carry over into the second half, or into overtime. Had it stopped us from scoring at the end of the first half due to the clock running out then maybe their would be room for protest. After the first half it is essentially a non issue.
Originally posted by hofer36:
on rams last drive in regulation rams called time out with about a minute left, after getting ball 1st and goal iirc---had they just run their plays without the time out niners may not have had any time to try to come back and tie in regulation

We called a timeout with 2:17 left, giving the Rams that extra minute. I swear most NFL coaches don't understand clock management. They always leave too much time for the other team to play with.
I wonder what Peter King would say about my thread?

YOU ARE RIGHT, ROB. "In watching the Rams/49ers game, I had one observation that was seemingly lost on Chris Myers and Tim Ryan. Late in the fourth quarter, with the Rams trailing 21-17, St. Louis secured a first down on the 49ers eight-yard line with 1:13 remaining when Jeff Fisher hastily called a timeout. What was the hurry on the timeout? Why not let the clock run off 20 seconds or so first. Jeff Fisher should be seasoned enough to NOT make that mistake, right?'' -- From Rob Ticktin, of Needham, Mass.

Yes, with a couple of asterisks. First: The first down was at the San Francisco 2, not the 8. And Fisher should have let the clock run down, to be sure. But I think it was smart to take the timeout there, just not when he took it. I'm sure, in retrospect, Fisher wishes he'd have let some time run off the clock before taking that timeout.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/13/ben-roethlisberger/index.html#ixzz2C7ugC8tH
If Alex doesn't get hurt, we win. Smith to Crabtree was on fire just like it has been all year.
Share 49ersWebzone