There are 294 users in the forums

concerned about 2/3rds of our defensive line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nothings wrong with Big Ice....everybody calm down
we got run down our f**kin throats

gotta have an elite qb if we're gonna start gettin into shootouts
Originally posted by jreff22:
I said this after the Minn game and people wanted to blame the O because the D was "on the field too much". We have a depth issue that Trent has ignored.

Jared Crick would be nice right now...
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wanted that dline man that pittsburgh got in the 4th round of 2012 draft. He plays NT and will become a good player...l

He went on a drunk driving rampage and was almost kicked off the Steelers. But yeah, Alameda would have been sick
Terrance Knighton is a free agent!
Originally posted by UKNiners:
And this is what frustrates me about drafting Jenkins and then James. First and second rounders are typically contributors almost immediately. We could have drafted a decent pass rusher.

Derek Wolfe #36 Denver - 3 sacks
Andre Branch #38 Jax

NEITHER one of those guys can play the nose.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Ricky Jean-Muthaf**kin-Francois

There is your answer. I hope Harbaugh and Fangio read this.

RJF can get it done.

This made my day.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
This made my day.

Honestly, the most likely scenario is that we let Soap walk, re-sign RJF to a 3-year contract, and draft a NT really high.

Another possibility is that we give RJF a long-term contract and sign Aubrayo Franklin*** to a one-year vet minimum contract
Rounds 1-3 should have a nose tackle.
I would like to see us draft two D-lineman and a DB in the first 4 rounds.
Soap is getting old and not holding his ground. Smith is getting old but it's cowboy years so who knows, some youth would be nice.
Rodgers is killing us in the slot coverage. Great Nickelbacks can be found a little later in the draft which is perfect. The 49ers are great at finding value later in the draft.
It would be nice if Trent would cut the fat starting with Jacobs and Ginn. Don't need either. Jacobs doesn't suit up and Ginn catches the ball and runs out of bounds short of the twenty to avoid hits. Get some much needed depth in their spots and dress James on game days to return kicks,

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
It would be nice if Trent would cut the fat starting with Jacobs and Ginn. Don't need either. Jacobs doesn't suit up and Ginn catches the ball and runs out of bounds short of the twenty to avoid hits. Get some much needed depth in their spots and dress James on game days to return kicks,

both are gone, based on our 2013 cap figure
Originally posted by nickbradley:

both are gone, based on our 2013 cap figure
I would like to see them both gone today. They waste a spot that could be more used.

Exactly. I didn't like going after Jacobs from the outset, but okay, you got him...now what, have him stand on the sideline all season? Dumb. We know James can't return punts, but I would like to see him on KO returns and spot him a few plays/game at RB, a couple screens and a dumpoff or two in the flat. I really like Hunter but I want to see what James can do, especially getting him the ball in space.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Nothings wrong with Big Ice....everybody calm down

no nothing wrong he just isn't getting the job done the last 4 weeks of football. SJ is the third or fourth rb to gain 100 yards or more a game.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I said this after the Minn game and people wanted to blame the O because the D was "on the field too much". We have a depth issue that Trent has ignored.

Jared Crick would be nice right now...

I was excited that this guy lasted to the 30 spot and po'd when we passed him up. We passed on him 2-3 times didn't we? I like Aldon, but I was hoping we get JJ Watt last years draft.
Share 49ersWebzone