LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Special teams rating this year.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Special teams rating this year.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ace49ers:
The Rams had 2 extra possession due to STs fake plays. Damn.

That's a shame. We could have won without that.

this is exactly why i'm frustrated with our ST.
The second fake punt was obvious i think
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ace49ers:
The Rams had 2 extra possession due to STs fake plays. Damn.

That's a shame. We could have won without that.

this is exactly why i'm frustrated with our ST.
The second fake punt was obvious i think

The first one was our fault. The second one was a beautifully crafted play, it wasn't on us, you have to give the nod to Fischer on that one. They had the guy fake a reverse which forced the DB to follow him up field, then they sneak the RB from the middle out and to the sideline. Very hard to figure out what they were doing until it was too late.
david akers can go f**k himself. missing fieldgoals all the time this year, whats up with that...
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
The two fake punts killed us. How does that happen? Once is bad enough but twice is ridiculous.

Gutsy calls by Fish. Had nothing to lose though. Good hire by the Rams.
Both good plays really, gunners were off on the first, the second was just dumb stay home the dline job is to catch the punter if they can't do that than it's a issue stay back watch the dam guy running in behind you. Andy A+++++++++++ Jennings A+++++++++++ Coverage I'd give a B+ would be a A but than again the holding call against the packers pickup for a Td. Ginn B solid nothing to amazing besides one game with a few really good returns. Akers F. Ok you tied the record great lets stop worring about the 60+ yard kicks and try and make the 40+ kicks to win the games for us, PLEASE!
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
The two fake punts killed us. How does that happen? Once is bad enough but twice is ridiculous.

Fisher stole a playoff game with the Motor City Miracle, what was the coaching staff thinking after it happened the first time.
Akers has missed a few chippies this year. He's still booming kickoffs, but that was a win waiting to happen yesterday.

Good scouting by the Rams. They must have picked something up.
There were tons on missed calls yesterday with illegal blocks in the back.
When you get burned on 2 fake punts in the same game you get an automatic F- for the season. When your pro-bowl kicker misses a 41 yard game winning field goal in OT, you get F- to the 10th power...
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
That`s ridiculous! Akers can`t be measured only in respect to the Rams. Think about his Seahawks match.......
Originally posted by Garcia:
Brad Seeley needs to be canned

Wouldn't go that far.

I think we need a new kicker.

• KID9R
  • Veteran
We should have had a regular defense on for that second fake punt. there was no reason for us to setup a return. Thats on Jim.
Blake Costanzo. Now I'm sure the Bears have one of the top special teams units in the league. We have Brandon Jacobs/Anthony Dixon instead.
There are going to be some openings on this roster for guys that can play special teams. People that can get up the field and make tackles. Special Teams is the only unit that has truly regressed. Offense is a little better, defense appears to have regressed, but when you look at everything, it's the same minus the big plays. ST has taken a nosedive.
Akers is having some problems and if it continues he's gone after this season. I think his cap # is 3+ M.
Share 49ersWebzone