LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs

#Bears QB Jay Cutler is at Halas Hall today. As far as his status for Monday, too early for speculation.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by kush:
It's just like any week regardless of who's QB.

If the Defense shows up, we likely win. If the Defense struggles, we likely lose.

Our D stiffened up, but those 2 fake punts killed us.
the defense was soft for the entire game. they could not hold the lead in the fourth quarter and i am not going to throw them any f**king bones for playing maybe a quarter of the game the way they should have played the entire god damn game,, there is no excuse,, zero for the horses**t effort they displayed esp to start the f**king game. the front seven was horrible cept for brooks, the secondardy was horrid as well. "elite " defenses do not do that s**t and you should be worried cuz they have done it three times this year.
Last time we played Cutler, didn't he throw 4 or 5 picks? lol

I remember Michael Lewis picked him off in the endzone to seal the win.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

yup and he gonna do it again.
Originally posted by susweel:

agreed

agreed

That was a Thursday Night game, and Actually the pick to seal it was Aubrayo Franklin.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

agreed

That was a Thursday Night game, and Actually the pick to seal it was Aubrayo Franklin.

No. It was Michael Lewis.

Fittingly, the game ended on an interception with strong safety Michael Lewis cradling the ball in his hands with his team's fifth pick of the night as the clock showed 0:00.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Five-INTs-give-49ers-win-over-Bears-3211575.php#ixzz2CE07Yr1y
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Nov 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM ]

agreed

hmm, we did pick him off several times, maybe the Franklin pick was the one before the Lewis one

agreed

hmm, we did pick him off several times, maybe the Franklin pick was the one before the Lewis one

Might have been, i do remember Franklin getting a pick too tho.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The 49ers in the rain against the Bears defense?

i got 20 bucks on this game. we better win.

I hear ya! I got a hundy on it myself.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
If the 49ers don't win every game by 3 touchdowns putting up computer numbers it's a trainwreck. The overreaction every time they lose (they DIDN'T LOSE this time!) is hilarious.

It's hard to maintain top play week after week, game after game. That's why you see so many "upsets." There isn't much separating most of these teams. That's why I feel like the 49ers don't necessarily need home-field or a bye to get through the NFC Playoffs. Go to pro-footballreference.com. A lot of the years under Bill Walsh the 49ers went 10-6 during the regular season. If this team did that, some of you'd be ready to run Harbaugh, York, and Baalke out of town based on your reactions.

The Rams aren't a pushover anymore, like I said in the NFC West thread, they will be a real threat under Jeff Fisher soon enough.

agreed

Fittingly, the game ended on an interception with strong safety Michael Lewis cradling the ball in his hands with his team's fifth pick of the night as the clock showed 0:00.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Five-INTs-give-49ers-win-over-Bears-3211575.php#ixzz2CE07Yr1y

pwned
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by kush:
It's just like any week regardless of who's QB.

If the Defense shows up, we likely win. If the Defense struggles, we likely lose.

Our D stiffened up, but those 2 fake punts killed us.
the defense was soft for the entire game. they could not hold the lead in the fourth quarter and i am not going to throw them any f**king bones for playing maybe a quarter of the game the way they should have played the entire god damn game,, there is no excuse,, zero for the horses**t effort they displayed esp to start the f**king game. the front seven was horrible cept for brooks, the secondardy was horrid as well. "elite " defenses do not do that s**t and you should be worried cuz they have done it three times this year.

On top of the fact that they've played one game in 20 days!!!!!!! Unacceptable to fans, and the coaches better get this cleaned up or we'll end up handing the division to the Seahawks.
Originally posted by FL9er:
If the 49ers don't win every game by 3 touchdowns putting up computer numbers it's a trainwreck. The overreaction every time they lose (they DIDN'T LOSE this time!) is hilarious.

It's hard to maintain top play week after week, game after game. That's why you see so many "upsets." There isn't much separating most of these teams. That's why I feel like the 49ers don't necessarily need home-field or a bye to get through the NFC Playoffs. Go to pro-footballreference.com. A lot of the years under Bill Walsh the 49ers went 10-6 during the regular season. If this team did that, some of you'd be ready to run Harbaugh, York, and Baalke out of town based on your reactions.

The Rams aren't a pushover anymore, like I said in the NFC West thread, they will be a real threat under Jeff Fisher soon enough.

We don't need home field necessarily, but we need CONSISTENCY like last year, and that's nowhere to be found right now. We need to string together some good wins in the next month, and even if we lose along the way, my hope is that we look competitive. I think the O has progressed moreso than the D overall this year. Would hate to see the D fall apart now.
Share 49ersWebzone