LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

What Niners will make the Pro Bowl this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex Smith

what's so funny???

alex at a pro bowl

why not? He's ranked in the top for passer rating, passing yards per attempt, we are 6-2, in the super bowl hunt, doesn't he deserve to be in the pro bowl?

I say no. He isn't a pro bowl QB, he isnt better than Eli, Brees, Rodgers or even Cutler IMO. They all will/have better numbers.

I guess the NFC already has Eli, Brees, Rodgers, Matty Ryan, Cutler, Romo who will get more votes than Alex

AS will not throw to his WRs in the pro bowl because they are not open
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex Smith

what's so funny???

alex at a pro bowl

why not? He's ranked in the top for passer rating, passing yards per attempt, we are 6-2, in the super bowl hunt, doesn't he deserve to be in the pro bowl?

I say no. He isn't a pro bowl QB, he isnt better than Eli, Brees, Rodgers or even Cutler IMO. They all will/have better numbers.

I guess the NFC already has Eli, Brees, Rodgers, Matty Ryan, Cutler, Romo who will get more votes than Alex

AS will not throw to his WRs in the pro bowl because they are not open

I guess you haven't watched the Pro Bowl for the past 5 years.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
All will be elected.

None will "make" it to the Pro Bowl though because we will be in New Orleans that week........................
Originally posted by SaksV:
All will be elected.

None will "make" it to the Pro Bowl though because we will be in New Orleans that week........................

BOOM. QFT.

His stats are better then Eli and Cutler. He is 4th in my book right now behind Rodger, Ryan, Possibly Brees. His numbers are far better then them if you go by average. If he threw the ball as much as them, his stats would s**t on them. Add it up. He may be one of two QBs who finish with over a 100 Passer Rating by the end of the season in the NFC, that is pro bowl material.
I suggest you don't turn this into another futile Lets Argue About Alex Smith thread.
I hope A Davis makes it, that is one bad man.
A buddy is a non 49er fan, AS hater. But he thinks he could be in pro bowl if he throws high 20/low 30 TDs and under 10 INTs all season.
To be honest, I'm not sure that he's a ProBowler. Just like I wasn't sure of Phil Simms performance in every one of his years. It's so underrated that I end up thinking there's got to be someone better, more recognizable that would get more votes. I sure hope he gets it at the end of the year. He has been putting up some good numbers in games so far. Not spectacular like the Bills game, but very good performance. Lets see the second half though...
I have a feeling alot of our deserving players are going to get snubbed this year. Don't much care. Hope we're playing in the superbowl!! Man, it feels good knowing we're going to atleast be in the hunt year in and year out now! GO NINERS!

Legit Shots:

LG Iupati
RG Boone
TE Vernon
RB Gore
ILB Willis
ILB Bowman
FS Goldson
DE Smith
OLB Aldon
P Lee

Possible, might be long shots, but maybe:

RT Davis
OLB Brooks
DE McDonald
CB Culliver
PK Akers (If he has a better 2nd half)
CB Rogers (Still love Rogers, needs more big plays, like INTs, Fumbles, etc..)
WR Crabtree

Doubt it:

LT Staley (Hasn't looked better than A.Davis)
QB Alex (Too many better and I mean better QBs, Rodgers, Brees, Eli)

Yeah we had practically the entire team in the pro bowl as either a starter, contributor or alternate. I think Anthony Davis makes it this year as well...Peter King and many others have been praising him in the media.
I think the following have a REAL good shot

Gore
Iupati
Boone
J.Smith
A.Smith
Willis
Bowman
Goldson
Lee

maybe???? ...depends on how they finish the season

Goodwin .... He is also playing at a high level"
Staley ..."Ya never know , he is overshadowed by Iupati and Boone at the moment, lot of football left for Big Joe"
V.Davis ..."Once he gets involved again, his numbers will improve, and with his big play ability, he could make it"
Crabtree ...3 TD's and leads team in receptions , he could come on strong and have a real shot"
A.Davis ...."Few solid games against with some strong pass protection and nasty run blocking, he might have a shot"
Brooks ...."He could make a late push with a few more sacks to his total"
Mcdonald ...."his play has really come on as of late"

and a longshot

Alex ....."If he can muster up a few more games with a high QB rating , he could get into the mix, especially if he can pass 22 TD passes, ya never know"
Very Good Chance:

Gore, Iupati, A. Davis, P. Willis, N. Bowman, D. Goldson, A. Lee

Good Chance:

J. Smith, Ald. Smith, A. Boone, V. Davis

Outside Chance:

Alex Smith, M. Crabtree, J. Staley

A lot depends on who makes it to the SuperBowl, if the Niners don't make it and let's say the Packers and Falcons make it the NFC Championship game, then at least one of them would be substituted for. So Alex has an outside shot. It will be hard for both Navarro and Patrick to make it with Urlacker and Daryl Washington playing really well.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Pat
Bowman
Goldson
Lee

Maybe

Gore
Aldon
Davis
Iupati
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

Too many 49ers to list in one tweet when it comes to those ranked among top five at their positions in PB fan voting.
Share 49ersWebzone