There are 295 users in the forums

Would our Secondary be tougher if Culliver started instead of Brown ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Culliver is playing the best football of his career right now, he has been a force, and he can run with the best WR's in the league

Brown is also a solid CB , but Culliver is still improving and by the looks of his play , he could be a top 10 CB real soon

Just a question , wanted some Zoners opinions , thats all , No Flamethrowers please
Culliver has been solid but i haven't seen anything that says bench Brown and start him instead.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Culliver just gets targeted more, so his play has been more visible. But TB is doing a hell of a job on the other side.
all of our CBs are bossing right now. No reason to make any changes. Next year Culliver and Brown start with Rogers as the nickel
Yeah, really don't want any changes right now with the CB line up. Plus between Donatell and Fangio, I think they know exactly what they are doing and adjust if needed. Between Donatell and Baalke, they are picking up guys to shore up the secondary nicely. Next challenge is getting a FS if Goldson can't be retained.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Brown is the best cover we got.
I like how we're playing it now. Brown and Culliver on the outside and Rogers gets the slot. If it isn't broke don't fix it.
Originally posted by susweel:
Brown is the best cover we got.

Agreed. Brown is our best. He doesn't stand out on the field because he always has his man locked up. QBs never throw his way.

I think it is a big mistake to be giving Rodgers all that money. Right now, he may only be our 3rd best CB.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Rogers is still a boss IMO.
I can't help but feel that our best set-up ( in 3 WR sets ) would be Rogers and Culliver on the outside with Brown playing the slot WR. Brown is the one of those three that is smaller and quicker... so for me, I just like that type of CB to be the inside guy that can zip all over the field. Maybe it is because I like the bigger guys like Culliver and Rogers to play more tight and physical on the outside.

Overall, I have no complaints about this, however. Not gonna pretend I know how to better use these guys than Fangio.

The fact that we never hear browns name called means qbs aren't throwing his way. Why bench him?
The only reason we know Culliver is because of TB
wait a minute...we have culliver and brown on our team? Geez, i never hear their names being called out during a game so i just assumed we didnt even have starting cb's. JK. We are owning the opposing teams WR corp, why would we mess with that? Barring some sort of apocalyptic breakdown or injury, leave the starters alone.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Culliver just gets targeted more, so his play has been more visible. But TB is doing a hell of a job on the other side.

That. Brown has been solid on the other side and Rogers had a great year in the slot last year, so I think teams feel like they can target Cully. Green Bay definitely did (with mixed results).
I love the way Culliver is playing. But if I'm not mistaken, we are one of the top teams in terms of pass rankings for defense, so there isn't a reason to make any changes. We're fortunate to have 3 very good corners, and a good 4th/5th in Perrish Cox and Tramaine Brock. Culliver will be a starter for this team in 1-2 years depending on how long Carlos Rogers plays at a high level.
Share 49ersWebzone