LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Best offseason move

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Best offseason move

After 8 weeks it's time to look back at our offseason. Clearly our draft was the worst offseason move. Best move is hard.
Would have to be Goldson for me. Really hope he stays with the 49ers.
Moss, Manningham, still waiting for them to unleash Jacobs, who knows when that will happen.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Lifer.
Bringing the entire defense back intact. This comprised several "moves," none of which would've been as effective if done in isolation.
Easily starting Alex Boone. Our line has gone from slightly above average to one of if not the very best in the league.
Manningham was a great sign. He's someone that's been under the radar his entire time as a pro. Brooks is solid, hats off to management for locking him up. He makes big plays in the opposing backfield every game and comes up with game changing plays. I hope this thread comes up after 5 or 6 games and Randy Moss heads the list.
What was the worst off-season move?
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
After 8 weeks it's time to look back at our offseason. Clearly our draft was the worst offseason move. Best move is hard.

I don't agree/ The draft takes time to pan out, we have a lot of talent and our offense is very complicated. I think the picks will turn out well. Bowman didn't play much his 1'st year either.
I wouldn't say our draft was the worst offseason move. Not convincing Peyton to come here was by far our worst move. Imagine him behind this O-line and with these receivers? Wow, we'd probably be undefeated.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Nov 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM ]
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
I wouldn't say our draft was the worst offseason move. Not convincing Peyton to come here was by far our worst move. Imagine him behind this O-line and with these receivers? Wow, we'd probably be undefeated.

$90m

Tough call...gotta go with Alex first. Can you imagine Kaep starting from day 1? Scary. Honestly, every move we made in the off season was epic in locking up our own players and supplementing as well (and recognizing our holes and area of weaknesses). Draft is an incomplete but I did think Fleener would be most ideal for our offense from day 1 (he could contribute from day 1 IMHO).
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM ]
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:

how original
Goldson easily our best playmaker in the secondary

Mario would be 1B
My vote would have to be letting Snyder walk and putting Boone in at guard. The dude has been money and hes a good dude. Happy we gave him a chance and its paying dividends. After that, and since Boone isn't up there, I would say Moss and Manningham has been the best acquisition. They are both capable of playing like number one receivers, and are at least very solid number 2 receiver while Crabtree continues to grow. Moss draws double coverage every time he streaks deep, and since he took one to the house under neath i am looking forward to dbs trying to play a little closer with their coverage. I know V.D. and Manningham are the 2 guys I want Smith to throw to in those crucial clutch situations.
Best move is a really tough call.

Toss up with Boone for the OLine and bringing back to whole D starters.
Share 49ersWebzone