LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Jacobs Tweet

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Idaho, Maiocco had a blog a few weeks back talking about LMJ and Jenkins. Ginn, Moss and Jacobs will be FAs next year and probably arent gonna be brought back.

The Niners are grooming LMJ to take over KR duties for next year and Kyle Williams will handle PR duties. Jenkins will only have Crabtree and Manningham ahead of him on the depth chart next year.

I dont buy this grooming the kid idea. He practiced this stuff in college, this isn't new to him.

James struggled with the winds at candlestick on return duties
Originally posted by jreff22:
Idaho, Maiocco had a blog a few weeks back talking about LMJ and Jenkins. Ginn, Moss and Jacobs will be FAs next year and probably arent gonna be brought back.

The Niners are grooming LMJ to take over KR duties for next year and Kyle Williams will handle PR duties. Jenkins will only have Crabtree and Manningham ahead of him on the depth chart next year.

I dont buy this grooming the kid idea. He practiced this stuff in college, this isn't new to him.

James struggled with the winds at candlestick on return duties

meh
Brandon Jacobs: RT @joe_scalia: @gatorboy45 #FREEJACOBS

Friday, November 16, 2012 at 13:47:59
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
IdahoNiner--for clarification the "strawman argument" is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of someone's statement. So when people say you can't judge a draft the first year it is not such an argument. Nor is saying the team's strength is such that draft picks can't get on the field. You might think it wrong but it is not a fallacy.

The only time you should judge a draft early is if a team makes a knot-head move, like trading a bunch of picks for a player who is nearly washed up...but George Allen put together some pretty good teams using this method so even that criticism has to be tempered--did they reach the playoffs with that trade? Last years draft was tailored for depth and many picks were made in case vets were either injured or not up to par.

For instance, Boone at RG is a risk, leaving backup OT empty so they took some guys to cover an emergency. The same is true of Jenkins. They believe he will be a good receiver in a year or two but it takes vets like VD half a year to begin to understand the offense, so what is the likelihood of Jenkins catching on right away. James is lightening in a bottle but there is no way he replaces or takes reps away from Gore or Hunter...they are just too good.

So again i ask, Why draft for those positions #1 and #2 overall, if you know there are other depth issues, and you know these guys wont sniff the field for atleast a season?

And please save the definition of a strawman. I know what it is, thats why i stated it. People are useing a strawman argument against my points. They are misrepresenting my statments. Like i said i know why these guys are riding the pine. My arguement is not that they shouldnt be riding the pine based on depth, but that we highly overdrafted at those positions.

You bring up George Allen? guy hasnt been been around since 1990, and please show me one draft where his entire draft class made no contributions year 1.

LOL...I believe there were a number of years when Allen didn't have a draft class. But aside from Allen, What position did we need on draft day more than WR? None. They signed Moss and Manningham but we desperately needed young guys to groom...and even with vets signing they were wise to also bring in a high draft pick.

James is a special talent and he drove Harbaugh crazy when he played against Stanford...so that was likely best player available. Gore is getting old, Hunter is a great back up but we don't know if he can be an every down guy or not.

Our backups at DL and OLB were decent and not a critical need...until Haralson, Cam Johnson and Flemming were injured. Johnson made it back for the practice squad.

Really think folks see some super DL or OLB who slipped through our fingers but I doubt any of them would have been playing much if at all.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM ]
stop tweeting you effing dumbass
The name Brandon Jacobs doesnt mean an automatic roster spot........How about earning a spot on the field....
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Exactly! This guy is as dumb as a box of rocks... He seems surprised every time someone says something negative about his tweets... Duh! You are a public figure dumbass! People see it and will absolutely comment on your posts. B. Jacobs is an imbecille.
I think he just needs to hit the field more and everyone will be happy he could be a great fit if he works out. Everyone needs to realize our schedule is f#$kin rough and no one could go 16-0 with that competition. Lets hope were [playing possum;-)
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
You know, I was thinking.. maybe this is part of Harbaugh's plan for Jacobs. Let him get nice n pissed off for a long time, let him build that rage and then start busting him out late in the season and into the playoffs. He'll be fresh as hell while other teams are somewhat beaten up.

I hope that's what it is.
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Originally posted by Marsh:

Exactly! This guy is as dumb as a box of rocks... He seems surprised every time someone says something negative about his tweets... Duh! You are a public figure dumbass! People see it and will absolutely comment on your posts. B. Jacobs is an imbecille.

Hope you tweeted this to him! Well said!

Originally posted by Muggins:
You know, I was thinking.. maybe this is part of Harbaugh's plan for Jacobs. Let him get nice n pissed off for a long time, let him build that rage and then start busting him out late in the season and into the playoffs. He'll be fresh as hell while other teams are somewhat beaten up.

I hope that's what it is.

As far as Harbaugh planning to get him pissed off, don't know. But as far as saving him for the latter part of the season, that's very possible and probably the most likely scenario.
Has he tweeted any dumba** things today?
Originally posted by susweel:
the back ups are getting restless.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i don't understand why they signed brandon jacobs

And then draft James.
Pro sports teams need an advisor to edit and/or question the players' tweets. Outside of the stupid comments, the grammar is super poor. Im embarrassed for them when i read them. The teams have to cringe as well. Would be an awesome job.

York - give me a ring if interested.

Haha too true. Social media in the hands of irresponsible people can be dangerous.

Put the phone down and walk away BJ.
Share 49ersWebzone