There are 240 users in the forums

Jacobs Tweet

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
worried about LMJ

Im worried that our 2012 draft will seriously come back to haunt us in the long run. It already is hurting us this year. You just cant have that kind of draft in todays NFL. 2012 draft gets a big F from me.

You are giving the draft a big F? Really?

Some people need to relax and see how things play out. The guys we drafted did not need to be immediate contributors. People will all be changing their tune when Jenkins is scoring 50 yards td's and LMJ is making the opposing D look silly.

Try to have some patience. Baalke is doing a nice job.

F. No amount of spinning ill change that. Im actually overall pretty neutral when it comes to positions on this board, and as a fan, minus a few instances. There is no excuse for the managment of the 2012 draft. F. And it only gets an F because i cant give it a G.
Thanks for not being a Homer... Yes it was not productive, maybe it will pay off but as you see both lines need back up talent which we did not aquire in the 2012 Draft.
Jacobs was a head case in ny and he is a head case here. Shocking!
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Muggins:
It'd be interesting to see what would happen if Gore went down with an injury.

Dont jinx him!

Im afraid to find out
It's inevitable now....
We'll see how the 2012 draft holds up in a few years. If jenikns and James don't deliver it'll be an issue, if they contribute an d become house hold names than everyone will be talking about the smart approach of not throwing them into the fire, but "redshirting them".

Until this year Crabtree was a dissapointment, and this year he produces, runs correct routes, blocks. So give it time.
Right now we are stacked at WR and RB. We do not have the pressing need of rushing them onto the field.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Im worried that our 2012 draft will seriously come back to haunt us in the long run. It already is hurting us this year. You just cant have that kind of draft in todays NFL. 2012 draft gets a big F from me.

You can't if you're a rebuilding team. Contending teams don't always have to rush their rookies on the field.
Originally posted by Hopper:

You can't if you're a rebuilding team. Contending teams don't always have to rush their rookies on the field.

Please give me an example where any team, even the good ones, have redshirted or cut their entire draft class in the modern NFL? Just cant do it. We are not so deep that we can afford to not have a single draft pick make an impact. No team in the NFL is, and anything else is just spin for the sake of defending Baalkie/harbaugh. We have issues on special teams, depth on both lines, and depth at OLB just to name a few of the holes on the roster. We did not draft a single player able to fill those holes. Like i said i like what Baalkie has done overall, but he failed in 2012, and it is hurting the team already, and ill continue to hurt us in the future.

Please give me an example where any team, even the good ones, have redshirted or cut their entire draft class in the modern NFL? Just cant do it. We are not so deep that we can afford to not have a single draft pick make an impact. No team in the NFL is, and anything else is just spin for the sake of defending Baalkie/harbaugh. We have issues on special teams, depth on both lines, and depth at OLB just to name a few of the holes on the roster. We did not draft a single player able to fill those holes. Like i said i like what Baalkie has done overall, but he failed in 2012, and it is hurting the team already, and ill continue to hurt us in the future.

We drafted OLBs and they got injured
I've never disliked a player who has yet to suit up a game for the Niners than James. Quit your yapping rook.

As for Jacobs, he's always been a clown. Got to see his act up close in NY. Now you guys on the West Coast are getting more of a taste of this dude.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

We drafted OLBs and they got injured

Yes, Fleming a 5th rounder, and Johnson, a huge seventh round project. Even if Haralson didnt get injured we would still be thin at OLB. IMO they didnt address it like they should have, but even if they did sufficiently address it, that still leaves depth issues at DL, OL, and horrible holes on Special Teams. The only player from 2012 to sniff the feild if im not mistakin is Celek, and he is garbage. If you have to justify a draft being good by hoping that your #1 and #2 draft pick might actually sniff the turf in future seasons then you failed in the draft.

I hope they work out. But lets be honest, its not hard to find a developmental WR or RB to sit and redshirt. There was talent at both spots that we could have taken that would have made an impact on this team this season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

idaho is right. a pass rushing linebacker who can play special teams or some defensive line depth help would look good right now instead of two guys will never snif the playing field this year

Too much is being read into it. Assumptions, only assumptions as you don't know WTH is going on. That is all.

Have a nice day.
f**k this loser
The only way this was a good signing was if Gore gets hurt....If Gore stays healthy all year than this was a wasted signing. I know you can't look into the future and tell who's getting hurt and who's not. There is just something about this guy I really don't like..
Originally posted by ninertico:
Too much is being read into it. Assumptions, only assumptions as you don't know WTH is going on. That is all.

Have a nice day.

what are you assuming here?
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
The only way this was a good signing was if Gore gets hurt....If Gore stays healthy all year than this was a wasted signing. I know you can't look into the future and tell who's getting hurt and who's not. There is just something about this guy I really don't like..

If Gore gets hurt, Hunter takes over. simple as that. Waste of money from day one and a waste of a roster spot, even if not active. If they were worried about who as going to take over if gore went down they should have drafted Martin in the first, not LMJ in the second. And Jacobs should have never been an answer for anything.
Share 49ersWebzone