LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Do the 9ers defense have a shot at the record for least points allowed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
the record is 165 by the Ravens. We have given up 103 so far. We have to give 7.75 points per game the rest of the season to tie the record. We still have to face Dreww Brees and Tom Brady

Maybe Harbaugh should ask the league to review some of the points scored against us to see if they can remove them.

No, one game of 20+ and we're done.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Unlikely. That Ravens team faced inept offense after inept offense. We actually face quite a few good offenses this year. But we still have a chance to be way up there in the record books - which IMO, might be just as impressive an accomplishment considering the level of quality of the offenses some teams had to go against (in particular Baltimore in 2000 - the expansion Browns? The hopeless Bengals? The Steelers offense wasn't so great back then either.).

I agree, but the Rams/Cards/Hawks aren't exactly barnburners this year. Same deal that Ravens had in 2000 with their division.

There's almost no way the Niners are going to allow the same ppg as that Ravens team did, but they're still on pace for one of the best ppg seasons in the 16 game era. The last 5 games have been pretty insane though, other than the NYG total team implosion.

The ravens had a great defense, but their offense stunk big time. So wouldn't that give the ball back to the opponents offense a lot more, making the ravens defense work harder? Niners offense is a lot better than that ravens offense, so they would hold the ball a lot longer. Just another reason why I think the Niners defense has a shot at it.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Nov 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Disp:
I agree, but the Rams/Cards/Hawks aren't exactly barnburners this year. Same deal that Ravens had in 2000 with their division.

There's almost no way the Niners are going to allow the same ppg as that Ravens team did, but they're still on pace for one of the best ppg seasons in the 16 game era. The last 5 games have been pretty insane though, other than the NYG total team implosion.

The Hawks/Rams/Cards are all closer to the Steelers of that era than they are to the Browns/Bengals. Akili Smith led Bengals. Nuff said I think. The only decent offense they faced all year was Jacksonville. Every other team was near the bottom or the middle of the league, with the exception of the Raiders & Broncos (who they only allowed 3 points to in the Championship game). They also faced them only in the playoffs...

Of course they also played a terrible schedule of terrible defenses and the raiders and broncos weren't really as good as their offensive numbers might indicate IMO. Anyway, they were an outstanding defense but not as impressive as say the 85 bears IMO.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Nov 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
We've allowed 3 more points than the Bears
All I care about is getting a bye in the playoffs.
Originally posted by jrg:
We've allowed 3 more points than the Bears

In one extra game. Not sure I understood this post.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Nov 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
All I care about is getting a bye in the playoffs.

we will need some help for that. if we have to play we will get a home game, by winning our division, and then probably host the vikings which i would look very much forward to. i just want to be in the playoffs for the second year in a row and that would shut up everyone who said we were a one hit wonder last year.
12.9 pts/game but the vaunted Bears defense is getting all be buzz. Looks like the guys on our D have to do a little more especially on the turnover department because right now they are playing like a mediocre bunch that they are.
Bears defense has scored 8 TDs. Niners defense has scored 1. So the bears defense gets the cred because 123 allowed - 56 scored = 67 Net, whereas Niners D is 103 allowed - 7 scored = 96 Net.

Also, just cause 8 TDs in 8 games for a defense is insane.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I think it'll be tough to get. Brady and Brees won't help.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
if AS was on defense ..no problem

wtf is wrong with you

it may be time for you to be banned you make this an AS thread on a topic about our defense

are you that desperate for attention?
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
Bears defense has scored 8 TDs. Niners defense has scored 1. So the bears defense gets the cred because 123 allowed - 56 scored = 67 Net, whereas Niners D is 103 allowed - 7 scored = 96 Net.

Also, just cause 8 TDs in 8 games for a defense is insane.

its ridiclous there defense is a scoring machine

the have taken the torch from the 49ers as the best defense in the nfl
Share 49ersWebzone