LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Do the 9ers defense have a shot at the record for least points allowed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
4 out of the last 5 teams that they have played have not scored a touchdown against them. Does anybody know if they have a legitimate shot at this record?
the record is 165 by the Ravens. We have given up 103 so far. We have to give 7.75 points per game the rest of the season to tie the record. We still have to face Dreww Brees and Tom Brady
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
the record is 165 by the Ravens. We have given up 103 so far. We have to give 7.75 points per game the rest of the season to tie the record. We still have to face Dreww Brees and Tom Brady

Maybe Harbaugh should ask the league to review some of the points scored against us to see if they can remove them.
No. They don't.

fvck yeah they have a chance!!!
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:

Maybe Harbaugh should ask the league to review some of the points scored against us to see if they can remove them.

Man, that's a super tall task ahead. We'd have to have at least a few shutouts to have a shot.

And being put in that perspective...wow, the 165 by the Ravens was amazing. A little over 10 points a game for the entire season.

If we were to average 13 points a game the rest of the way, that's another 104 points for a total of 207, which would also be awesome.

I think we'll be under 250 points allowed when it's all said and done.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Oct 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM ]
^^with an inept offense.
Do we have a shot? Sure. Do I expect it? Not really.
if AS was on defense ..no problem
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 31, 2012 at 4:14 PM ]

It can happen as long as our offense keeps rolling along with those long drives to provide rest for the D as opposing offenses stand idle on the sideline.
It's possible - not probable.

Personally, I don't care. Winning is everything.
Not with having to face Brady and Brees
I'll remind u brees got shut out last weeek against a weak Denver D! So who know maybe we can shut teams out the rest of the way
Originally posted by MacDuCe49:
I'll remind u brees got shut out last weeek against a weak Denver D! So who know maybe we can shut teams out the rest of the way

: D. Brees 22-42, 213 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Share 49ersWebzone