There are 199 users in the forums

Harbaugh appealing a 20 pass attempts from last night!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That might not be the only play to consider. The official play-by-play shows a penalty for defensive pass interference wiping out an apparent completed pass to 49ers receiver Mario Manningham during the 49ers' opening drive. It is unclear, however, whether the 49ers accepted the penalty. The flag was thrown on a second-and-4 play, so the 49ers would have gained nothing by accepting the penalty. If the 49ers did not accept the penalty, the league could conceivably change the play from 7-yard penalty to 7-yard completed pass. The NFL made a similar change in Week 2 last season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/80004/penalty-or-not-record-in-balance-for-qb
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Mercuryspeed:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
lolz...he's gone after opposing coaches...the media...refs....and now it's the stats guys....no one is safe...

LOLz... Indeed. Did you hear Gruden gushing over him. I know he's a bit jealous that he's turned "This" particular organization around so quickly.

Gruden almost drafted Alex...

wasn't Harbaugh Gruden's QB coach? lol.

Alex Smith in TB would have been throwing passes to Alex Smith.
I can't believe some of the disrespect for our coach on here. Wow I think some of these guys on this sight are really seahawk fans. Who are any of you to ? A guy who has gave us life?
Looked at that play earlier.. it was ( I believe ) the first play of the 4th quarter. Think it was thrown at the 8 yd line to Crabtree on the 8 yd line.
wheres the video of the play?
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
That might not be the only play to consider. The official play-by-play shows a penalty for defensive pass interference wiping out an apparent completed pass to 49ers receiver Mario Manningham during the 49ers' opening drive. It is unclear, however, whether the 49ers accepted the penalty. The flag was thrown on a second-and-4 play, so the 49ers would have gained nothing by accepting the penalty. If the 49ers did not accept the penalty, the league could conceivably change the play from 7-yard penalty to 7-yard completed pass. The NFL made a similar change in Week 2 last season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/80004/penalty-or-not-record-in-balance-for-qb

I thought they accepted the penalty because Manningham didn't catch it?
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
JH is being a hypocrite he always says we ain't a stats team.

I see what you mean, but when they say we aren't a "stats team," it's more about not deviating from the gameplan for the sake of stats. But if, by sending an e-mail to review a play, it gets your prized QB into the NFL record-books and increased respect throughout the media/league, then by all means. Harbaugh doesn't want his players to be selfish and not be team players, but if there's a chance to be positively recognized (records, Pro Bowls, etc.), then he wants his players to be seen as such.

It's especially important for a guy like Alex Smith, who is consistently kicked whenever he's "down."

lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
This...well said.

And nobody questions the fact that we only threw 19, er, 20 passes against one of the worst secondaries I've ever seen and we were pretty far down on YPC...and STILL dominated in every facet.

I don't question it because we had the game pretty well in hand by halftime. Frank Gore had 12 rushes for 53 yards, and a 4.42 YPC.
We ran A LOT in the second half because we were up by three (and then four) scores, and naturally, when we play a conservative gameplan without the full benefit of our full passing game, our YPC went down.

Nothing wrong with the gameplan to me. Could've done a better job executing on some of the passing in the second half when Alex took some sacks, but I felt very satisfied by the win.

I DO wonder though if our lack of production in the second half, after the Moss touchdown, was the Cardinals clamping down, or whether we were just trying to finish the game and get out?
Just rewatched the game and it looks like a backward pass to me. Pretty clearly. definitely not enough to overturn. IMO
Here is the play in question:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087940/article/did-alex-smith-set-nfl-accuracy-record-49ers-asking

Originally posted by Joecool:
Won't be overturned. That was easily a backward pass.

I agree. Looks like Alex throws the ball from the 8 yard line and Crabs catches it the 7. Doubt this gets overturned.
Harbaugh dissecting every play down to the inch.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Harbaugh dissecting every play down to the inch.

it's a game of inches.

ask dez bryant.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Im kind shocked that nobody on the staff knew that he was close to the record. They should have called one more pass play for him.

They did give him a chance. Alex was dropping back to pass, but the play was blown dead because, wait for it..........an offensive penalty. Believe 'twas a delay of game.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
No harm in trying. If Alex is rewarded then great, if not no biggie.
Share 49ersWebzone