There are 225 users in the forums

Who is your favorite 49ers offensive Coordinator of alltime?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mine is Mike Shanahan ....Shanny was a rip your guts out playcaller , he always went for the throat when he smelled blood

what bout you guys ?
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Oct 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM ]
Jim Hostler
Holmgren was mine. i like Hackett too, I felt he was underrated. But, Holmgren was methodical, and had a lot of exotic plays esp. to our RB's..

The man who came up with this beautiful play.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Jim Hostler

..I knew someone would bring up Jim Hostler or Jimmy Raye ...LOL
Good question.... Holmgren, Shanny, Ray Rhodes, Pete Carroll (yeah, he was pretty good when he was here as DC)

Currently --- Fangio. Should keep him until he retires.
Shanahan definitely had the "killer instinct". I remember watching an interview about him (maybe it was America's Team) where either he or Steve Young said that he wanted Young to throw for 7-8 TDs in the Superbowl win against the Chargers just to make a statement and put the record out of reach for anyone down the road, but was held back from doing so from Seifert and Co.

With that said, I think Holmgren was the most sound and tactical....
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Holmgren was mine. i like Hackett too, I felt he was underrated. But, Holmgren was methodical, and had a lot of exotic plays esp. to our RB's..

I brought up Paul Hackett and guys around here had no idea who I was talking about.
I had high hopes for Marc Trestman ...he never developed a potent attack like a lot of 49ers fans were expecting
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I brought up Paul Hackett and guys around here had no idea who I was talking about.

I will always love the video of Walsh yelling at him ....Well I put the f**king thing in Paul !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I will always love the video of Walsh yelling at him ....Well I put the f**king thing in Paul !!!!!!!!

Fck'n classic!!!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

The man who came up with this beautiful play.

dammit jimmy raye
Would have been tough to keep Shanny from going to Denver at the time. He had history with Elways. But if Shanny had been offered the job over Seifert, I think we would have won another SB with Shanny as HC. We needed an offensive minded HC badly the following years after Shanny left.
Shanahan. What a sick coaching staff we had in 94.

Yeah, a lot of newbees, kids, bandwagon fans, and the "un-knowledged", lol.. We've both been around a while.
Share 49ersWebzone