There are 167 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
must win
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I hope we have an ugly win vs the Rams. Don't want any player or coach getting a confident head of steam prior to the Bears game. I want them all to have a sour taste of incompleteness.

I don't think it matters how we play vs. the Rams, the Bears game will be huge. MNF, primetime, 2 of the best NFC teams, playoff seeding,... it will be a big game. We just need to win this week to keep up with the Falcons, Bears, Giants, and Packers.

I honestly think any Division game is much more important than any other game. Now factor in that we may play the Bears again in the Playoffs and I don't think we show much vs them. This was obviously displayed in the NYGs game this year. Last year, we gave them everything to adjust on to help beat us.

I know every game is important but you have to think ahead when you are planning on playing teams twice. Even our 2nd divisional games last year were tougher than our 1st matchups.

That's an interesting take, now that I think about it, all the teams we played 2 times last year responded better against us the second time around.

Seattle: 33-17 to 19-17
Arizona: 23-7 to 19-21
St. Louis: 26-0 to 34-27
Giants: 27-20 to 17-20

There's also another explanation: we opened at home vs. each division opponent, the traveled during the second meeting. And honestly the Giants first game was won on an Carlos Rogers INT to Kendall Hunter TD back-to-back. Interestingly, we open at home vs. the division opponents again this year. Definitely something to look at going forward.

Good Post!

I never thought we would do this but it was interesting watching the NYG game this year and see us pull out nearly the exact same game plan we used last year to beat them: little to no Gore and a lot of Alex. I think we were more focused on having Gore fresh for SEA more than anything but that doesn't explain not using Hunter. We just went with Singletary ball and tried to just go man-to-man machismo matchup whereas the NYG actually cared to beat us handedly.

The Bears game plan will be very interesting. I want to see if we keep it basic and just run or try to pass a lot. If we go out of our personality, then it will be obvious we don't want them to get a good feel of what we do best.
rams gonna get rammed
Bring on the Bears!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Bring on the Bears!

Whoa! Whoa!

What happened to week 9?
Bring on the Bears!

Whoa! Whoa!

What happened to week 9?

Easy win
Originally posted by schmons:
rams gonna get rammed

This....7-2 baby!

Bring on the Bears!

and this! revenge for tamper-gate!...wassup Costanzo! tony montana is in SF!

*mods, can we change the thread title to "BEARS PREGAME THREAD"?!
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM ]

I hope we have an ugly win vs the Rams. Don't want any player or coach getting a confident head of steam prior to the Bears game. I want them all to have a sour taste of incompleteness.

I don't think it matters how we play vs. the Rams, the Bears game will be huge. MNF, primetime, 2 of the best NFC teams, playoff seeding,... it will be a big game. We just need to win this week to keep up with the Falcons, Bears, Giants, and Packers.

I honestly think any Division game is much more important than any other game. Now factor in that we may play the Bears again in the Playoffs and I don't think we show much vs them. This was obviously displayed in the NYGs game this year. Last year, we gave them everything to adjust on to help beat us.

I know every game is important but you have to think ahead when you are planning on playing teams twice. Even our 2nd divisional games last year were tougher than our 1st matchups.

That's an interesting take, now that I think about it, all the teams we played 2 times last year responded better against us the second time around.

Seattle: 33-17 to 19-17
Arizona: 23-7 to 19-21
St. Louis: 26-0 to 34-27
Giants: 27-20 to 17-20

There's also another explanation: we opened at home vs. each division opponent, the traveled during the second meeting. And honestly the Giants first game was won on an Carlos Rogers INT to Kendall Hunter TD back-to-back. Interestingly, we open at home vs. the division opponents again this year. Definitely something to look at going forward.

Good Post!

I never thought we would do this but it was interesting watching the NYG game this year and see us pull out nearly the exact same game plan we used last year to beat them: little to no Gore and a lot of Alex. I think we were more focused on having Gore fresh for SEA more than anything but that doesn't explain not using Hunter. We just went with Singletary ball and tried to just go man-to-man machismo matchup whereas the NYG actually cared to beat us handedly.

The Bears game plan will be very interesting. I want to see if we keep it basic and just run or try to pass a lot. If we go out of our personality, then it will be obvious we don't want them to get a good feel of what we do best.

Each game is too precious in the NFL. I highly doubt Harbaugh would intentionally sabotage a game plan to save it to 'potentially' face them in the playoffs. There are too many variables here (injuries, other teams, we may using different packages later on, ...) to not play our cards.

no point for those vids jreff^ Rams are laying down and might not even show up at all!

Originally posted by verb1der:
no point for those vids jreff^ Rams are laying down and might not even show up at all!

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Wow, looking at our schedule, the only potential loss is the PATS game on the road. Another 13-3 season looks achievable.

the ONLY potential loss??? c'mon man, didn't losing to the vikings and getting thrashed by the giants teach you anything?

Bears,@Seahawks,@Pats, @Saints are all potential losses
Saints are garbage.

the other 3 while difficult are beatable

I aint worried about none of these teams during the regular season. I'm concerned about the Falcons and the Giants. We aren't going to get passed them with you know who, hahaha
Greg Olsen, meet the best safety in the game, and 2nd best Roman Harper isn't even close.
It's Greg Olson on the Panthers
Share 49ersWebzone