LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Which team do you fear the most in the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which team do you fear the most in the playoffs?

NOBODY!!
Might sound cliche but I think we can beat any one of those teams and anyone of those teams can beat us if we don't execute and play our game. That being said I would obviously rather face those teams at home. Not sure how we would handle an away playoff crowd since we have no experience with it. If I had to rank them though I would say Giants, Packers/Bears, Falcons, etc. Main thing is win the division and get a home playoff game but again the #2 seed would be nice.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
As Ron Jaworski says, "You can't hide your quarterback."

It's possible that the 49ers could enter the playoffs with the "worst" perceived starter at QB, or be at a disadvantage there against every team they face, but it's a TEAM game.
Packers. If Rodgers plays lights out (as he has been in recent weeks), no way our offense keeps up with him playoff time. Giants dont scare me at all. I think they sucker punched us. If you look at our first 2 drives that game, we were running all over them; has almost 100 yards of offense; and forced 2 3-and-outs by them.

Out biggest obstacle to the SB is GB, not NY.
Giants by a long shot. Seems as if Eli saves his best games for us
Us.

Por que if we don't beat ourselves and at the same time play our style of football w/ execution offensively, only we can beat ourselves.
F the G-men

Heads high and standards higher than Rick Ross.
Had to go with Eli Manning and the Giants. Only because he can turn the ball over and go down by two scores early and can come back to win the game. I do believe if we play these guys again we will win the game in the playoffs though.
Easy, the Giants. They used to have our number back in the day...they do today. No other team matches up better against us than the Giants. We can beat anyone but the Giants, right now, are a smarter team (better coached) and just seem to match up best against us, top-to-bottom.
The San Francisco 49ers fear no one.

Wilcox.
Haley.
f*gan.
Young.
Nunley.
Lott.
Hicks.
Williamson.
Hicks.
Bunz.
Montana.
Rice.
Young.
Craig.
Solomon.
Clark.
Ring.
Jones.
Francis.
St. Clair.
Barton.
Wallace.
Johnson.
Taylor.
Brodie.
Fahnhorst.
Young.
Washington.
Washington.
McElhenney.
Perry.
Owens (RC).
Willard.
Hardman.
Blue.

And on and on and on.

We are the San Francisco 49ers.

We win Superbowls.

We have more heart than anyone and they hate us for it.

And you are one of us.

You are a 49er!

LET'S GO!

Giants. Hands down

Oh I forgot.

Gore.
Davis.
Smith.
Smith.
Iupati.
Brown.
Smith.
Staley.
Boone!
Sopoaga.
Willis.

And every single one of us!

Can't touch that.

wheres seattle?
The only teams that I fear are in the AFC. I have a feeling that if we face Denver or New England in the Super Bowl, we will get burned badly. This is despite the win last week against NE. That second half performance by Brady was flat out SCARY. I dont want to face him again.
Regarding Denver, just think back to the preseason game in Denver when Peyton's Crew dominated our defensive starters.
Green Bay
I say Packers. They have very quietly won 9 of their last 10 games.

Falcons will also be a tough out thanks to home-field advantage. They are something like 34-6 at home since the Smith/Ryan era.

Redskins are going to upset somebody.
Share 49ersWebzone