LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Let's put a little reality and positivity towards the 49ers.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The facts:

1. The Niners are 5-2 in sole possession of first place in the NFC West
2. The Niners have the best head coach since Seiffert.
3. The Niners have 3 qb's on the roster that are better than any 3 in the last 10 years.
4. Did I mention the niners are in first place in the NFC West.
5/ The Niners are building a new stadium.
6. Several 49ers who where cut or on our PS are now on active rosters (shows the front office is doing a good job).
7. Did I mention the niners are in first place.
8. The Niners have the MOST draft picks of any team in the NFL for 2013.
9. The 2013 free agent class has no names that are foundations or pillars of the franc hises (testament to FO for locking up talent).
10. The 49ers are now entertaining to watch (compared to 5 years ago).
11. Did I mention the 49ers are in first place in the NFC West.
12. 2012 Draft picks are having the luxury of having a red shirt year to prepare for the NFL. This is a sign of strength when no draft picks have to play.

I also am struggling to be positive, as the past 10 years has been difficult as a fan. The organization has turned a new page and we as fans need to try to be positive. After all, the team is 5 and 2. If you asked anyone who looked at the first 7 games if they would be happy at 5-2 at this mark, and they all would say heck yes.
we are going to prove that last year was not a fluke and we are in fact back......and here to stay
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
your list invalrod since you had to name the same fact 4 times.
Fact 13: The Saints game
5-2 is a good record.

Beating GB in GB, NYJ in NY, winning at home against a tough Seattle defense, beating the overhyped Lions, and Bills at home.

Our strong points, Defense, both Rush and Pass Defense, ST is ok, Kicking is weaker of the Kick, Punt and Returns, and Rush Offense is great.

Weak points, Pass Offense, Alex isn't the QB we need, but nothing out there we can use better, and Coverage on STs sucks, should of kept Colin Jones, Blake Costanzo and Rock Cartwright. Sad that Robinson doesn't even play on Sundays. Dixon brings no value on STs IMO, and Costanzo was our BEST ST ACE in 2011.

It is nice to be 5-2, but we could be 6-1 or 7-0 had we not layed an egg in Minny and vs Giants.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Tom Gamble is being looked at as a GM candidate thanks to the roster, he along with Baalke, have put together.
Disagree on 2. So far, JH is better.

Siefert, IMO, was not that good of a HC. He won a SBowl with a team he inherited for Bill Walsh.

He made bone-head calls like having a guy with a cast take a KO who fumbled and we lost that game. I believe it was in the playoffs or had playoff implications.

I'm certain he made the call to have Roger Craig run against the Giants. Craig promptly fumbled and we know the Giants won w/a FG. He should have called Rathman who rarely fumbled.

He further proved his mediocrity when he became the HC for the Panthers. He sucked!

He was a VERY good D-coordinator.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The facts:

1. The Niners are 5-2 in sole possession of first place in the NFC West
2. The Niners have the best head coach since Seiffert.
3. The Niners have 3 qb's on the roster that are better than any 3 in the last 10 years.
4. Did I mention the niners are in first place in the NFC West.
5/ The Niners are building a new stadium.
6. Several 49ers who where cut or on our PS are now on active rosters (shows the front office is doing a good job).
7. Did I mention the niners are in first place.
8. The Niners have the MOST draft picks of any team in the NFL for 2013.
9. The 2013 free agent class has no names that are foundations or pillars of the franc hises (testament to FO for locking up talent).
10. The 49ers are now entertaining to watch (compared to 5 years ago).
11. Did I mention the 49ers are in first place in the NFC West.
12. 2012 Draft picks are having the luxury of having a red shirt year to prepare for the NFL. This is a sign of strength when no draft picks have to play.

I also am struggling to be positive, as the past 10 years has been difficult as a fan. The organization has turned a new page and we as fans need to try to be positive. After all, the team is 5 and 2. If you asked anyone who looked at the first 7 games if they would be happy at 5-2 at this mark, and they all would say heck yes.

And we have the best pass defense and the best defense against scoring in the league. In addition we have the #2 rushing offense and the #9 total offensive team iln the league in yards per game. We do have issues in the passing game and the scoring game. We are in the top 5 of all teams in the league. So we know where our weaknesses are and hopefully what needs to be done to get that scoring up to par. So all in all it is a postive report with special teams and scoring offense as the primary issues that need correction.
Think about this. Last year we kind of wore down as the year went on. The hated Gints didn't get hot until the last part of the season. If we can maintain and get on a
roll more towards the end of the year it might be more beneficial for us in the Playoffs. One we make the Playoffs we need to be playing our best Football. Just a thought.............

Share 49ersWebzone