LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by SFGem:
the people that think ginn is gonna get deactivated don't appreciate his value on special teams. ginn will not be deactivated this season. we need him to do the returns.

He sucks now

He has always sucked. He had one good, but highly overrated season. We should have rolled with KW the hole season. He was doing well, and the more experiance he can get the better.
wonder if james will suit up soon with kap being the qb
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Why would he? He adds nothing to ST, and he really isaint a sproles type receiving back, no matter how much the webzone wants him to be.
The 49ers feel prepared to face explosive New Orleans Saints return man Darren Sproles because of a week of practice that included chasing around rookie running LaMichael James.

James, a second-round draft pick, has not suited up for a game this season. At practice he wore No. 43, playing the role of Sproles, who is expected to return to action after missing three games with a hand injury.

"LaMichael James has been helpful," Gooden said. "If Sproles is playing, we'll be ready for him.

"He looks the same to me. Both of the guys are short and have those quick movements. He's been working with us all week running routes and getting us prepared."

James is also benefiting from the experience, Harbaugh said.

"He's been a wide receiver a lot of times in practice and running back coming out of the backfield," Harbaugh said. "His hands have improved so much and his route-running ability. I think it was quite a good look for our defense this week with LaMichael."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/James-helps-49ers-coverage-unit-prepare-?blockID=805687&feedID=5936I

found this encouraging.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 24, 2012 at 6:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The 49ers feel prepared to face explosive New Orleans Saints return man Darren Sproles because of a week of practice that included chasing around rookie running LaMichael James.

James, a second-round draft pick, has not suited up for a game this season. At practice he wore No. 43, playing the role of Sproles, who is expected to return to action after missing three games with a hand injury.

"LaMichael James has been helpful," Gooden said. "If Sproles is playing, we'll be ready for him.

"He looks the same to me. Both of the guys are short and have those quick movements. He's been working with us all week running routes and getting us prepared."

"He's been a wide receiver a lot of times in practice and running back coming out of the backfield," Harbaugh said. "His hands have improved so much and his route-running ability. I think it was quite a good look for our defense this week with LaMichael."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/James-helps-49ers-coverage-unit-prepare-?blockID=805687&feedID=5936I

found this encouraging.

Ooh, that sounds promising. Probably better for both James and Jenkins to get essentially a redshirt year. Gives them a full off season to study and prepare mentally while filling out both of their frames.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

found this encouraging.

Ooh, that sounds promising. Probably better for both James and Jenkins to get essentially a redshirt year. Gives them a full off season to study and prepare mentally while filling out both of their frames.
Do you think there is a chance that Harbaugh drafted him to play a Sproles/Cobbs role? I just dont see him as a traditional back. Hunter and Gore are money. It sounds like LMJ was brought in to be a mismatch, P.Harvin type of player.

found this encouraging.

Do you think there is a chance that Harbaugh drafted him to play a Sproles/Cobbs role? I just dont see him as a traditional back. Hunter and Gore are money. It sounds like LMJ was brought in to be a mismatch, P.Harvin type of player.

This is how I envisioned us using him when we picked him up.

If we could get Sproles/Cobb/Harvin like production out of him that would add an entirely different dimension to our offense.

He played like every bit of the rookie he is in preseason but reading those comments from T-Goody are very encouraging.
Originally posted by KegBert:

found this encouraging.

This is how I envisioned us using him when we picked him up.

If we could get Sproles/Cobb/Harvin like production out of him that would add an entirely different dimension to our offense.

He played like every bit of the rookie he is in preseason but reading those comments from T-Goody are very encouraging.

It's all part of Harbaugh's misdirection, he told Gooden to say that. He's really grooming LaMike to be a nose tackle and replace Soap.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Whe need to phase out Moss and use him strictly as a mentor for the other WR's. I'd love to activate Jenkins and use him as our deep threat.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Why would he? He adds nothing to ST, and he really isaint a sproles type receiving back, no matter how much the webzone wants him to be.

maybe jenkins since moss hurt his finger

found this encouraging.

james will soon be a do it all type of back for us, just a matter of time
Originally posted by ninermedic:
It's all part of Harbaugh's misdirection, he told Gooden to say that. He's really grooming LaMike to be a nose tackle and replace Soap.

That would explain why he's sitting this season out. It takes a while to pack on 175lbs.

On a serious note, I thought it was interesting that they referenced he's improving his "route running and catching." That certainly doesn't sound to me how you would describe a developing running back.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by SFGem:
the people that think ginn is gonna get deactivated don't appreciate his value on special teams. ginn will not be deactivated this season. we need him to do the returns.

He sucks now

He has always sucked. He had one good, but highly overrated season. We should have rolled with KW the hole season. He was doing well, and the more experiance he can get the better.

^^^^been saying it all season. Get KW the returns.
Looks like both may now
i hope hunter and williams are alright, williams injury looked bad and that motherf**ker vilma twisted hunters leg on purpose bounty gate continues...
Share 49ersWebzone