LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Week 7: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
After rewatching the game, I realized that Russell Wilson is crazy accurate and will throw to literally blanketed receivers and place the ball through a window where only they can catch it.

The sideline pass to his Tight End was seriously accurate and just passed the shoulder of our DB.
The other sideline pass to Rice where Brown had underneath position but Wilson threw it high so Brown was not able to make a play on it. Brown had it literally covered.
The pass in the enzone to Braylon while being bracketed by two of our guys. Wilson placed it perfect and Willis was lucky to pop it out after it hit Braylon in the hands.
Yes 9 of 23 is crazy accurate. He is the typical NFL darling. Now he may eventually become good, but right now he is what people "hear" him to be.
Every QB that has faced Seattle this year has had a bad game, had Alex not threw that pick he would of had one of the better games against Seattle.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Love reading your take every week. More so than any of the sports reporters.

Anyway, can you comment on the DBs, take for example in the 1st half when Wilson hit the TE in stride but lost the ball, then they go back to the exact same play (i believe) he hits Obamanu for a big gain. It seems like our secondary is digressing.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Every QB that has faced Seattle this year has had a bad game, had Alex not threw that pick he would of had one of the better games against Seattle.

you do know that those QBs play seattle 1 time every four years
Originally posted by winner21:
After rewatching the game, I realized that Russell Wilson is crazy accurate and will throw to literally blanketed receivers and place the ball through a window where only they can catch it.

The sideline pass to his Tight End was seriously accurate and just passed the shoulder of our DB.
The other sideline pass to Rice where Brown had underneath position but Wilson threw it high so Brown was not able to make a play on it. Brown had it literally covered.
The pass in the enzone to Braylon while being bracketed by two of our guys. Wilson placed it perfect and Willis was lucky to pop it out after it hit Braylon in the hands.
Yes 9 of 23 is crazy accurate. He is the typical NFL darling. Now he may eventually become good, but right now he is what people "hear" him to be.

I was impressed with some of his passes but others made me think that he is going to have a hard time if teams keep him in the pocket. On Dashon's pick and on the near-pick that Culliver had both those passes fluttered because he had to try and arch it over his offensive line.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

C'mon now. We are talking #4 Seattle defense this year.
Are these elite numbers now?

32 Games (2 seasons), 883 Att, 558 Comp, 6,406 Yards, 42 Tds, 13 INTs, 94.69 QB Rating.

Oh wait, stats are for losers!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Lol I thought the same thing. If its an advantage for Smith to see the Seahawks twice a year, then it is cancelled out by the fact that Seattle also sees Smith twice a year.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Lol I thought the same thing. If its an advantage for Smith to see the Seahawks twice a year, then it is cancelled out by the fact that Seattle also sees Smith twice a year.

So Seattle has an advantage ?

It offsets. Hard to grasp?

You should be posting in the SeaHawks forum. LOL
Originally posted by English:

It offsets. Hard to grasp?

So seattle does have the advantage
Originally posted by Sinsation:
love your threads marvin!

Agree with this!!
Originally posted by winner21:

I was impressed with some of his passes but others made me think that he is going to have a hard time if teams keep him in the pocket. On Dashon's pick and on the near-pick that Culliver had both those passes fluttered because he had to try and arch it over his offensive line.

on some of those comletions the receivers were too open.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Agreed. The fans dogging Smith mercilessly seem to forget or dismiss the fact that we were facing the NFL's #4 ranked defense.

Yes. There were several times that you could see him go through all of his progressions and then simply have nowhere to go with the ball. You can make an arguement about him throwing players open, but after throwing 3 picks last week he wasn't going to make the mistake that killed them.

i dont understand how the argument re throwing guys open applies when the receiver doesnt seperate--if that is what happens you just have a qb throwing to guy who is covered
Share 49ersWebzone