LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Is Frank Gore a Top-10 All Time 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yea if Craig had a 1000 yard receiving season and a 92 reception season. He should be above Gore... Especially if you consider championships
[ Edited by Since07 on Sep 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM ]
Dont know about gore being a top 10 49er in my book ..i remember some 80's N 90's players i like alot more but gore would be in my top 15 ...He's been a great 49er low key very hard working N gets tha tough yards when need to....
He will get into the 49er HOF for sure.

As for the NFL HOF, it depends... easier if he wins a SB.
The question is, could Gore have put up the numbers craig put up in the 80's with that team? like wise could Craig have put up the numbers that Gore put up the last 7+ seasons? I'm guessing Gore would prolly been able to and Craig prolly not. It's a close call tho.
lol bandwagon fans.
So did Potato make the top 10?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
So did Potato make the top 10?

No. They wanted to rank him, but could only count up to potato.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
May seem a little far fetched at first, but when you put together a list I think he makes it...

The problem in trying to figure this out is that we cannot really decide until Gore is no longer playing.

Sp. far this man who seems to always be on the verge of being too old, manages to just keep on keeping on.

My guess is that we have to wait at least another two years.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tmpluff:
The question is, could Gore have put up the numbers craig put up in the 80's with that team? like wise could Craig have put up the numbers that Gore put up the last 7+ seasons? I'm guessing Gore would prolly been able to and Craig prolly not. It's a close call tho.

Craig was the first running back in NFL history to have over 1,000 yards receiving and over 1,000 yards rushing in the same year.

I think he should be in the hall of fame.

Comparing across time lines is imprecise at best.

What I find remarkable about Gore is that he seems to have incorporated an intellectual understanding of football into his muscle memory.

Gore has persevered on losing teams and just keep doing his job.

Combine his work skills and production with his commitment to his mother and his family, you can not deny that Frank Gore is , has been, and always will be a very special 49er.

In my heart, he has a special place.
It's tough to rank the top ten because many sports writers and fans weren't born when Frankie Albert, Y.A. Tittle. Leo Nomileni, Bob St Claire, Joe "the Jet" Perry, Jimmy Johnson, Hugh "the King" McElhenny, and I could keep going, but you get the idea.

http://youtu.be/1pREM_pNn4A

http://youtu.be/5kQr5H1FAXs

Eh....I'll take either one! Heh.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It's tough to rank the top ten because many sports writers and fans weren't born when Frankie Albert, Y.A. Tittle. Leo Nomileni, Bob St Claire, Joe "the Jet" Perry, Jimmy Johnson, Hugh "the King" McElhenny, and I could keep going, but you get the idea.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:

So true!!!
I watched craig, I watched watters, and I would take frank gore every day of the week over those guys. I can only imagine what a great offensive mind like walsh would have done with frank in his youth. Imagine gore on a team with jerry rice in his prime?
Yes. It's obvious. Gore is gifted. He has been more effective for longer than any contemporary 9er back -- Craig, Hearst, Watters, Williams, Jackson. Never saw Joe Perry, so can't comment there.

Those other guys were all excellent, don't get me wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone