There are 187 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
One thing is for certain, Alex Smith will throw at least 3 interceptions to Vernon Davis, it's been a longtime coming up to this point!

Did you mean 3 INTs for touchdowns to VD They were averaging 2TD a game.

This actually touched on something I've been thinking. Since the start of the season Smith's favorite targets have been mostly VD and Crabtree. Been like that in the Packers, Detroit, Vikes, and Bills games. The last 2 games we have seen defenses taken those guys that Smith like to go to so much. His next favorites are Manningham and Williams. Both with mixed results so far. This I think is part of the struggle with Smith and the passing game. Trying to develop that 3rd guy that he can depend on.

Not to mention chemistry is always being messed up by the WR rotation
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
One thing is for certain, Alex Smith will throw at least 3 interceptions to Vernon Davis, it's been a longtime coming up to this point!

Did you mean 3 INTs for touchdowns to VD They were averaging 2TD a game.

This actually touch one something I'v been thinking. Since the start of the season Smith's favorite targets have been mostly VD and Crabtree. Been like that in the Packers, Detroit, Vikes, and Bills games. The last 2 games we have seen defenses taken those guys that Smith like to go to so much. His next favorites are Manningham and Williams. Both with mixed results so far. This I think is part of the struggle with Smith and the passing game. Trying to develop that 3rd guy that he can depend on.

AS is working on throwing through a DB, he's almost there

I thought you guys want him to throw over the DB Every time there are defender underneath you want him to lobbed the sh*t --- like it's gonna work every time like the DB don't know how to run underneath one for a pick
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Ughh, Alex struggles in loud/noisy domes (specially ones harnessing artificial crowd acoustics), this game will probably go on Frank Gore's shoulders again.

Alex always does well in prime time.

This past Thursday sure proved it
Just gotta win somehow this week. Im not enamored with this team at all at this point. Lets go into the bye with a 6-2 record, regroup, and come out the 2nd half of the season the same way we came out the first half. Id take a 9-6 win in Arizona....
Been reading the Cards board, they brought up something very interesting; as we all know, we don't blitz very often (as they/we all expect we won't do much of) to shut down their offense, but will follow in the blue-print the Rams used; rush 2, containment nickel.

-We're gonna use Aldon once again on bull-rush stunts off the right (possibly with Brooks/Willis/Bowman), and throw in an extra OLB (instead of DB) on the outs to plug up the middle on draw plays so that Rogers/Cully won't be jammed into wide slots of poor matchup routes with Fitz (specially on slants, where Fitz has capitalized upon this season).

I guarantee a Parys Haralson sighting next Monday. -There's no way we won't be able to shut them down on D... our own offense is the only worry going into this game.
Been reading the Cards board, they brought up something very interesting; as we all know, we don't blitz very often (as they/we all expect we won't do much of) to shut down their offense, but will follow in the blue-print the Rams used; rush 2, containment nickel.

-We're gonna use Aldon once again on bull-rush stunts off the right (possibly with Brooks/Willis/Bowman), and throw in an extra OLB (instead of DB) on the outs to plug up the middle on draw plays so that Rogers/Cully won't be jammed into wide slots of poor matchup routes with Fitz (specially on slants, where Fitz has capitalized upon this season).

I guarantee a Parys Haralson sighting next Monday. -There's no way we won't be able to shut them down on D... our own offense is the only worry going into this game.

i really hope roman sticks to the ground game and picks his spots for alex to throw
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i really hope roman sticks to the ground game and picks his spots for alex to throw

AS is the one who decides to pass and run, according to the zone

what
NY and Seattle have shutdown Vernon. Maybe it's time we put him in the backfield or find some other way to get a clean release so he can use his speed. This should occupy the safeties so our WRs can get 1 on 1 on the edges.
Originally posted by jreff22:
what

He's out for the season? But you guaranteed it right?

Originally posted by SFTifoso:
NY and Seattle have shutdown Vernon. Maybe it's time we put him in the backfield or find some other way to get a clean release so he can use his speed. This should occupy the safeties so our WRs can get 1 on 1 on the edges.

or maybe we use the QB who's not afraid to through it to him if he's not wide open.
Originally posted by CollgeBoyWithaSS:
what

Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by CollgeBoyWithaSS:
what

what

I thought I was the only one
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Share 49ersWebzone