LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anybody else think Gore should be inactive this week? This will give him 3 weeks to be fully recovered and rejuvenated.

We should be able to win with Hunter, Jacobs, Dixon, and maybe even LMJ!
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
oh yeah dont kick to Peterson

This,

Keys to victory:

- Continued focus on run game. If Frank is ailing, mix Hunter, Jacobs, and Kaep to keep running attack flowing.
- Smith cannot throw an INT! This is a big one. He's got to get back to what he was earlier this season. The short passing game helped against Seattle. I would say that Seattle's defense is slightly better than the Cardinals, but this game is away.
- QB pressure. Very lack-luster passrush this year. That has been very disheartening. We need to be all over Skelton, who lacks mobility. I'm looking specifically at Justin Smith and Ray MacDonald.
- Vernon Davis: He is too good to be silent for two games in a row. We don't have the weapons elsewhere for him to have quiet games.

- Come out with a purpose, like we did against Detroit. Get on the board early, get Alex's confidence up early.
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Anybody else think Gore should be inactive this week? This will give him 3 weeks to be fully recovered and rejuvenated.

That's actually not a bad idea. I wouldn't say inactive but reduce him to only 6-10 carries. Would not mind at all seeing Hunter get full responsibility mixed in with Dixon. I would say Jacobs, but Dixon has literally earned himself passed Jacobs. Dixon has not disappointed all year. It's his spot to lose now.
Originally posted by Joecool:

That's actually not a bad idea. I wouldn't say inactive but reduce him to only 6-10 carries. Would not mind at all seeing Hunter get full responsibility mixed in with Dixon. I would say Jacobs, but Dixon has literally earned himself passed Jacobs. Dixon has not disappointed all year. It's his spot to lose now.

I just think we will need gore at his fullest to navigate the rest of our schedule, and there is no reason to wear him down if he is already hurting. Gore is at his best when he gets into a rhythm. 6-10 carries wont get him in a rhythm, so why not just sit him down.

Lets see what hunter can do with 15 carries?

He will play but maybe we will see more Hunter and Jacobs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

we need gore he must play and play good.

I just think we will need gore at his fullest to navigate the rest of our schedule, and there is no reason to wear him down if he is already hurting. Gore is at his best when he gets into a rhythm. 6-10 carries wont get him in a rhythm, so why not just sit him down.

Lets see what hunter can do with 15 carries?

Because we give him his carries early, try to get a cushion lead and Gore is happy, then rest him. No Gore happy if we don't suit him up.

Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, James, Dixon...

What do you think our depth chart for RB is?
Because we give him his carries early, try to get a cushion lead and Gore is happy, then rest him. No Gore happy if we don't suit him up.

you are right, but I would rather have angry healthy gore, than happy injured gore.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Imma say that this game will be just as the Seahawks' game was. These teams know each other well & it will be a close game. We have some guys hurt & hopefully they have enough time to heal up for next Monday.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by Nes49:
Imma say that this game will be just as the Seahawks' game was. These teams know each other well & it will be a close game. We have some guys hurt & hopefully they have enough time to heal up for next Monday.

I think Patrick Peterson is a top level player, but I also think Crabtree has a mentality vs Peterson from their college days vs one another. Crabtree has that mental edge on Peterson that hasn't allowed him to believe Peterson is much better.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, James, Dixon...

What do you think our depth chart for RB is?

Gore Hunter Jacobs Dixon James

I hate that James is always inactive.. I still think he can contribute
Arizona Fans are desperate and have very little confidence in this game:

Sign Vince Young?

49ers Pass Rush will be licking their cops

I looked through their forum and I can't find a single fan whose confident about MNF. Let's crush them
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Arizona Fans are desperate and have very little confidence in this game:

Sign Vince Young?

49ers Pass Rush will be licking their cops

I looked through their forum and I can't find a single fan whose confident about MNF. Let's crush them

AS will make this game closer than it really should be
Share 49ersWebzone