There are 151 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I think we'll see Parys Haralson on the sideline as well wearing a 49ers 59/50 hat, sweatpants and a niners t-shirt
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
better chance of seeing Paris Hilton on the field than Haralson.
Was he intending to mention Clark Haggans instead?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Here is what you need to know about the Arizona Cardinals:

- Their o-line is absolute garbage
- Adrian Wilson is among the league's worst in coverage
- Patrick Peterson is a total liability in coverage
- John Skelton is terrible... proven again today
- They have solid special teams
- They have a solid D-line
- Their head coach is a terrible play caller and living off of one amazing playoff run

All these will be evened out by Smith's mini slump It should be another close one

God I hope not, but won't believe any different until he shows me next Monday.

After the Giants game, I don't believe in anything easy for this team any more
This, I hope the players feel this way too! Nothing is easy in the NFL. You can't just show up and expect to win.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Been reading the Cards board, they brought up something very interesting; as we all know, we don't blitz very often (as they/we all expect we won't do much of) to shut down their offense, but will follow in the blue-print the Rams used; rush 2, containment nickel.

-We're gonna use Aldon once again on bull-rush stunts off the right (possibly with Brooks/Willis/Bowman), and throw in an extra OLB (instead of DB) on the outs to plug up the middle on draw plays so that Rogers/Cully won't be jammed into wide slots of poor matchup routes with Fitz (specially on slants, where Fitz has capitalized upon this season).

I guarantee a Parys Haralson sighting next Monday. -There's no way we won't be able to shut them down on D... our own offense is the only worry going into this game.

Parys is out for the year. He was a vital cog in the OLB rotation, and the defense misses him! I would like to see a sighting, but it's not going to happen. Is Clark Haggins any good? I heard Julian Peterson was a possible option.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Been reading the Cards board, they brought up something very interesting; as we all know, we don't blitz very often (as they/we all expect we won't do much of) to shut down their offense, but will follow in the blue-print the Rams used; rush 2, containment nickel.

-We're gonna use Aldon once again on bull-rush stunts off the right (possibly with Brooks/Willis/Bowman), and throw in an extra OLB (instead of DB) on the outs to plug up the middle on draw plays so that Rogers/Cully won't be jammed into wide slots of poor matchup routes with Fitz (specially on slants, where Fitz has capitalized upon this season).

I guarantee a Parys Haralson sighting next Monday. -There's no way we won't be able to shut them down on D... our own offense is the only worry going into this game.

Parys is out for the year. He was a vital cog in the OLB rotation, and the defense misses him! I would like to see a sighting, but it's not going to happen. Is Clark Haggins any good? I heard Julian Peterson was a possible option.

Not sure if serious...
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Not sure if serious...
He was an option, but they went with Clark Haggins instead.

he was never an option
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by jreff22:

what

I thought I was the only one

One thing is for certain, Alex Smith will throw at least 3 interceptions to Vernon Davis, it's been a longtime coming up to this point!

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

he was never an option

He came in for a workout for the team.

he was never an option

no he didnt

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Familiar face observed at 49ers: Julian Peterson. Appears to be here on a social visit.
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Oct 22, 2012 at 8:09 AM ]

he was never an option

no he didnt

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Familiar face observed at 49ers: Julian Peterson. Appears to be here on a social visit.

Interesting. I never saw that. I did think it would be strange to bring him in. He hasn't played since 2010 and its not like he's Randy Moss who didn't take a lot of hits before.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
NO MORE FKN WILD-KAEP!

Seriously.. I feel it's gonna make us hate him when it's the play-calling that's getting him in there.

Ground and pound + Sacks gets us this W.

For ST, I'll trust Lee and Akers to handle the ball positioning and everyone else will just have to wrap up.
For Fitz, I expect our pressure on Skelton + the double teaming on Fitz to rattle up their connection. They might pop us for 1 or 2 big ones, but hopefully that'll be when it's already too late and we've got a manageable lead.

Go Niners
oh yeah dont kick to Peterson
Culliver is a better corner than Patrick Peterson.
Share 49ersWebzone