LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

if you we're head coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
If we win how the hell is it lost? You would rather lose with Kap then win with Alex....that is not being a fan of the team....its being a fan of a player.
I guess im an old school 49er fan, superbowl or bust! I dont concede that we are better with smith short or long term.Go 9ers
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
If we win how the hell is it lost? You would rather lose with Kap then win with Alex....that is not being a fan of the team....its being a fan of a player.
I guess im an old school 49er fan, superbowl or bust! I dont concede that we are better with smith short or long term.Go 9ers

Kap will not get us to the Superbowl this year any better or easier, in fact it could be worse and chances are it would be. When you are expected to go to the playoffs you dont play QB swap!
Originally posted by Allx9er:
1. Crabtree and mario are 1 and 2 rotate kw and moss as needed.

2. Smack roman in the head so as to prevent cute game planning.

3. Smack myself for not keeping a better handle on offensive direction.

4. Get use to and except the notion that rotation of players can be a good thing.

5. Replacement kicker on standby

6. Notify baakle and ST coach that they have some fixing to do.

7. Find better eyes in the sky to better determine if a play is challenge worthy.

8. If players are healthy and can add something that is lacking they should play.
I forgot about kicker. I wonder if andy lees finger has been messing that up? Maybe try tolz as holder or even smith and kaep.
Jreff-We would live with it and move on. I don't know if you remember or if you were even around here but I gave alex smith 5 years. Its not like i started seeing smith as the problem yesterday. I don't like alex smith as our qb because often times he's been the reason we lose and he is rarely the reason we win.

Sorry to tell you the same thing almost every year AS has been here, the team really don't have another option.
i signed up in 2003 im the orginal nevadaloves9ers. Broke my back and my acount lapsed! Back on point i consider the season lost if alex smith is our starter. I respect you as a fellow 9er fan jreff but you and I see this issue differently.

And you probably thought that last year too. What's new?
What changes would you make? Everyone knows the first change I would make. I would let alex play seattle then during the long break get kaep ready to start the next game. I would deactivate celeck and ginn and bring up lmj and jenkins. I don't think ginn is healthy and there was a reason we drafted these guys. I would play moss more, it still looks to me like he has it. I would stop bringing in lenord davis almost all together, in fact i might even cut him. I think we could get the same or better results from some of the younger guys.

Why do we have to make drastic changes? We lost a game. Cool. Every team outside of the '72 Dolphins has lost a game. It's ridiculous how the only way fans won't want big-time change is if we go undefeated year after year after year. The Giants lost 7 of their first 14 games last year, several to s**tty teams, and still won it all. Relax.

Kap will not get us to the Superbowl this year any better or easier, in fact it could be worse and chances are it would be. When you are expected to go to the playoffs you dont play QB swap!

I just think its funny people are saying "Alex Smith can't get us to the Super Bowl". Last I checked, he would have if not for a few fumbles late in the game against the Giants.

Say what you will about Smith, the rest of this time can't wait for Kaepernick to go through his learning curve. In case people aren't noticing, the NFC West is locked in a tight race. The last thing the team needs is a massive change at QB.

The other part of that is our guys believe in Smith because he lead the team to the NFCCG. Fans might not see that, but it is the case.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Oct 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM ]
yeah for sure gore wouldn't have zero carries in the second half..............
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I would get more weapons for Alex
The last time I checked it was our defense and specials teams that almost got us to the SB.

well if i were him then he'd be me and he would use my body to.. nevermind.. I gues i would do whatever it took to get pressure on the opposing qb, i would not put celeck in the game for unknown reasons, i would not put keap in on 3rd down when alex has driven us down field and is in rythym, and i would not be on any commercial.
Originally posted by Mann716:
The last time I checked it was our defense and specials teams that almost got us to the SB.

Also a QB who had a terrific season. Even with that defense and ST's, old Alex would not have gotten us that far.
Originally posted by lordfangio:
What changes would you make? Everyone knows the first change I would make. I would let alex play seattle then during the long break get kaep ready to start the next game. I would deactivate celeck and ginn and bring up lmj and jenkins. I don't think ginn is healthy and there was a reason we drafted these guys. I would play moss more, it still looks to me like he has it. I would stop bringing in lenord davis almost all together, in fact i might even cut him. I think we could get the same or better results from some of the younger guys.

Why do we have to make drastic changes? We lost a game. Cool. Every team outside of the '72 Dolphins has lost a game. It's ridiculous how the only way fans won't want big-time change is if we go undefeated year after year after year. The Giants lost 7 of their first 14 games last year, several to s**tty teams, and still won it all. Relax.

This. The last 2 teams to win the SB were pretty mediocre throughout the season that got hot at the right time. Panic is not required.

I would still be trying to get the 2 early round rooks on the field though.
I'd put Kaep in this week.

Lean on your D ( like you would be otherwise) and running game and tell Kaep to get the ball away quick or take a sack (like will happen anyways).

Beat russel Wilson senseless and get Kaep ready for a playoff run.
In Harbaugh I Trust.
Share 49ersWebzone