• LVJay
  • Veteran
Leave Snorlax alone...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lol, this is still a question being asked
Originally posted by cciowa:

it needs to be until they address it. i wish i had some coaches emails. i would send them this thread. every day.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by cciowa:

it needs to be until they address it. i wish i had some coaches emails. i would send them this thread. every day.

insert harbaugh, roman "did not read" gif here
Originally posted by Allx9er:

has anyone considered that roman only has 1 read?

has anyone considered that roman only has 1 read?

im sure there's a couple of pages dedicated to that particular subject buried in here somewhere.
Nobody's getting free more than on occaision.

Its the game plan
im sure there's a couple of pages dedicated to that particular subject buried in here somewhere.

the problem we had at the end of the season last year was the defense

the offense was perfect. and not read option dependent. if we had a better play caller we would have a ring but he can't dial up crucial championship plays, he proved this.

why on earth after the success that the offense was, say ok wow that worked really well almost unstoppable let's change that we can't have that here.

instead of saying let's keep the base let's keep the principles and let's build.

the great passing teams and great offenses do not change for the most part. the only team that does change to their personnel is the patriots. that's it.

its not even difficult to have a great passing offense if you trot 3 wr's out there and have them run short intermediate and long routes. its literally all the saints do all the broncos do and all the packers do.

1 short 1 intermediate and 1 long. if the long is open they take it if not they have short and intermediate.

this offense with the current personnel should be the best offense in the nfl.

and even if we only used half of the good part of the playbook we would be 9-1 right now.
i mean everyone on the team says if we could have gotten that read option call in on time kap goes in for the touchdown

but instead of getting that call in on time, roman took too long and we had to burn a timeout

perfect embodiment of the genius

the problem we had at the end of the season last year was the defense

the offense was perfect. and not read option dependent. if we had a better play caller we would have a ring but he can't dial up crucial championship plays, he proved this.

why on earth after the success that the offense was, say ok wow that worked really well almost unstoppable let's change that we can't have that here.

instead of saying let's keep the base let's keep the principles and let's build.

the great passing teams and great offenses do not change for the most part. the only team that does change to their personnel is the patriots. that's it.

its not even difficult to have a great passing offense if you trot 3 wr's out there and have them run short intermediate and long routes. its literally all the saints do all the broncos do and all the packers do.

1 short 1 intermediate and 1 long. if the long is open they take it if not they have short and intermediate.

this offense with the current personnel should be the best offense in the nfl.

and even if we only used half of the good part of the playbook we would be 9-1 right now.

The D is not not the problem this year. They've done everything possible to help this team win.

They still aren't read option dependent. To be able get to championship moments with 2 different qbs one of whom hasnt even started 2 full seasons and the other who had his own limitations is pretty good.

Am I happy with the development of this offense as a whole from play calling to personnel packages from injuries and infusion of rookies/2nd year players? No!
Imho a part of the problem is that the play calling hasn't changed. The lack of development/envolvemt of some younger players as well as the huge injury to crabs has retarded the growth of this offense as a whole. From building a function unit/philosophy to tweaking it as needed on the fly.

If it was that easy for teams to be successful running any old 3 wr's out there and be successful then everybody would do it. Kinda of an exaggeration just say you run short, you run medium and you run long.

With its current personnel and with he addition of crabs hopefully we an see improvement for the last games its a stretch to say best.
[ Edited by Allx9er on Nov 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM ]

I just got done watching the last 3 games back to back. And it occurred to me im late getting on the fire greg roman train.The playcalling really is uninspired. The talent of this offense simply doesn't match the production we are having. Much like kyle williams G-row fumbles in the biggest games. The game winning play against the saints a few years ago was called by geep chryst. We had the wrong guy returning kicks and we got the wrong guy calling plays.
Is Roman still here? Just checking in...

BTW: has anyone broke down the AR routes the past two games?
The D is not not the problem this year. They've done everything possible to help this team win.

They still aren't read option dependent. To be able get to championship moments with 2 different qbs one of whom hasnt even started 2 full seasons and the other who had his own limitations is pretty good.

Am I happy with the development of this offense as a whole from play calling to personnel packages from injuries and infusion of rookies/2nd year players? No!
Imho a part of the problem is that the play calling hasn't changed. The lack of development/envolvemt of some younger players as well as the huge injury to crabs has retarded the growth of this offense as a whole. From building a function unit/philosophy to tweaking it as needed on the fly.

If it was that easy for teams to be successful running any old 3 wr's out there and be successful then everybody would do it. Kinda of an exaggeration just say you run short, you run medium and you run long.

With its current personnel and with he addition of crabs hopefully we an see improvement for the last games its a stretch to say best.

everybody does do trot 3 wr's out there and that's why everybody passes for more yards than us every game....lol

look at the top passing teams look at the saints we played. they weren't running complex routes on us. he just had multiple options pretty much the same every down. somebody is stretching the field someone is underneath and somebody is check down. and if more go out then he has another option.. but that's the constant. he was taking the check down majority of the game and hit on a couple of the people who ran long. but it was the same...
the system.
look at the packers system. tolzien is throwing for 300 yards to who? how is it that every wr that steps in there seems to be able to get open you mean boldin and manningham and baldwin are all lesser than players the packers wouldn't even be playing if it weren't for injuries?

so because lmj and hunter have 3 catches combined on the year that means that they aren't good at screens or in space?

let's call it what it is.

roman is the one who has regressed to a fetal state. and has taken the offense along with it.

not sure why you mentioned the d ive been championing their cause all around this forum.
Originally posted by outside4949:
I just got done watching the last 3 games back to back. And it occurred to me im late getting on the fire greg roman train.The playcalling really is uninspired. The talent of this offense simply doesn't match the production we are having. Much like kyle williams G-row fumbles in the biggest games. The game winning play against the saints a few years ago was called by geep chryst. We had the wrong guy returning kicks and we got the wrong guy calling plays.

that's exactly it. he should have been fired when he failed to draw up a winning play for the super bowl.
that is the situation you find out whether the oc you have has it or not.
Bring "Fire Roman" signs to our games!
Share 49ersWebzone