LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1856500-san-francisco-49ers-5-reasons-greg-roman-should-be-on-the-hot-seat/page/6

This say it all.
"By taking away Kaepernick's running, Roman and Harbaugh are not utilizing his skills optimally. They are putting shackles on him, which has caused Kaepernick to lose his confidence and the swagger he played with last year."

"This problem is something that should not be as prevalent this late in the season. Roman needs to get the plays to Kaepernick faster, enabling him to make the audible and adjust when he needs to.The lack of urgency in getting the plays called quickly results in the 49ers wasting timeouts, and there is no excuse for that."

"Keeping Colin Kaepernick in the pocket at all times reduces his effectiveness. It is very surprising that offensive coordinator Greg Roman does not employ more roll-outs and moving pockets for Kaepernick."

"For some reason, there is also a complete disdain for the screen pass. When an offensive line is having trouble with a defensive front, the screen is a way to keep that pass rush at bay.The 49ers rarely employ the flare pass to the backs or a checkdown, which can get positive yardage when the alternative is trying to force the ball into coverage.With Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James, a simple flare pass can turn into a big gainer, as Hunter and James have the elusiveness to make big plays in the open field. Combined, Hunter and James have only three catches on the year."

How much more remedial and mediocre can he get?

Hunter and LMJ have a whopping three catches? COMBINED?! That's enough for any SANE HC to send this inept loser packing.

So sick of all the excuses for him. Roman's failure to make adjustments is contributed to the FACT that he is a stubborn OC with a college offensive mindset. His tricks and gimmicks fool no one anymore, the league has adjusted to him and it couldn't be more obvious by the state of the 2013 49ers offense that he has no answers.

Want him gone by the end of the year, I don't want to wait for him to figure things out or get better. He's making the same crucial mistakes he made in the Super Bowl which cost us another championship and now, this year, we're in danger of missing the playoffs. We need a real professional NFL OC that makes us better, not an OC whose stuck in his college philosophies, refuses to adapt, adjust, and wastes all of the talent that he is afforded on this roster.

I'm with Phoenix, anyone still defending him must be a Seahawk fan or something. Roman will drive this team into the ground the longer he stays.

Roman -
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch4m
#49ers Frank Gore: "Defenses are doing a great job on us, game-planning wise."

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GoNiners:
wow I had no idea Hunter and James have a combined 3 catches.

Its absolutely f**king inexcusable, anyone who still defends Roman at this point is an undercover Raiders or Seahawks fan as far as I'm concerned.

I keep saying this because we dont have an answer....who is making the personnel decisions? Maybe it's Harbs...
if jh makes those decisions he is a moron, if roman makes those decisions, it must get by JH. he has done some good things as our coach but come one at some of this s**t
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

that is code for "the coaches are either unable or unwilling to adjust to whatever the defenses are doing to us"
in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:

that is code for "the coaches are either unable or unwilling to adjust to whatever the defenses are doing to us"
in my opinion

fully agree
I have a friend with cerebral palsy who was telling me this weekend what play was coming next out of this offense.

Jim Harbaugh, you need to fire Roman ..... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you need to fire Morton ..... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE OVER JIM
It is Eric Manginas fault. He is making our coaches over think everything right into the hands of the opponent. Fire him.
Originally posted by Joecool:
It is Eric Manginas fault. He is making our coaches over think everything right into the hands of the opponent. Fire him.

they could just simply ignore him.

but if he's looking at the game...from a common sense standpoint he could say i need to get more wr's involved if i want to improve the passing game
that's common sense.

common sense says they're loading the box to stop the run let's trot 3wr's out there instead of 1 and 2te's
that's common sense.

he has no common sense
fire both of them but these problems were here before magini set foot in santa clara

15 minutes in the film room and the rest of the day on the golf course. It ain't hard!

AKA.................."Our coaches are doing a s**tty job gameplanning against opposing defenses."

• MarkD
  • Veteran
http://ninerchatter.blogspot.com/2013/11/is-roman-to-blame.html <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This is a must read.
Originally posted by MarkD:
http://ninerchatter.blogspot.com/2013/11/is-roman-to-blame.html <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This is a must read.

Hard to argue with visual evidence

This is just more cherry-picking of plays, you can take similar screenshots for every QB in the NFL, on some of those screenshots, Kaepernick is obviously committed to a receiver, just because a guy breaks open at that point is meaningless. In other plays there is no telling where he is in his read, just because a guy is open doesn't mean he was "open" when Kaepernick looked his way.

Is Kaepernick doing well, no, not lately, but these "gotcha shots" are b******t, look at the total number of snaps, the amount of times the 49ers trotted out only 1 WR out there, or that they had Kaepernick taking long drop backs late in the game when there should have been bootlegs utilized to get him more time to throw the ball downfield.

I notice how these people never make screenshots of Kaepernick scrambling, looking downfield, with every single receiver having his back turned towards him, when I get some time I'll take some screenshots as well of where he was put into some really bad situations when he has to scramble and nobody comes back for the football.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This is just more cherry-picking of plays, you can take similar screenshots for every QB in the NFL, on some of those screenshots, Kaepernick is obviously committed to a receiver, just because a guy breaks open at that point is meaningless. In other plays there is no telling where he is in his read, just because a guy is open doesn't mean he was "open" when Kaepernick looked his way.

Is Kaepernick doing well, no, not lately, but these "gotcha shots" are b******t, look at the total number of snaps, the amount of times the 49ers trotted out only 1 WR out there, or that they had Kaepernick taking long drop backs late in the game when there should have been bootlegs utilized to get him more time to throw the ball downfield.

I notice how these people never make screenshots of Kaepernick scrambling, looking downfield, with every single receiver having his back turned towards him, when I get some time I'll take some screenshots as well of where he was put into some really bad situations when he has to scramble and nobody comes back for the football.
So by cherry picking I assume you mean they only picked that bad plays to suite their need to make the point?? Because his stats this last game shows exactly what he is. Kapernick is still learning to play at this level. We will see what type of player he will be if he adjusts his game.
So by cherry picking I assume you mean they only picked that bad plays to suite their need to make the point?? Because his stats this last game shows exactly what he is. Kapernick is still learning to play at this level. We will see what type of player he will be if he adjusts his game.

No, it means they show guys breaking open when you can clearly see Kaepernick is committed and in his throwing motion, such as in the endzone pass to VD. It is someone trying to point out something when they have no clue what the hell they are actually looking at. If you watch some of those plays in real time, you can see that Kaepernick makes initial reads to some of the very receivers that get open after he already had looked their way, such as in the endzone pass to VD. Kaepernick looks to Boldin, Boldin is covered, he moves on to VD, commits to VD and then this random guy states that Kaepernick f**ked up because Boldin breaks open after Kaepernick already moved to another read.

Kaepernick is struggling and there's times that he flat out does miss an open receiver or makes the wrong read, but some of those examples are just idiotic.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone