LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Roman will be let go at the end of the year, if he's not fired before then.

It's really bad when a guy sitting at home with a beer can call out the play with about an 80-90% success rate. Do you think an NFL defense will have a higher success rate diagnosing what the play call is? I sure do.

I will say I think Kaep can be a good QB with the right weapons around him. At this point, I think he's Matt Ryan-esque. He needs ballers around him to be successful because he is either not as good as we think or he needs to develop more. In any case, Roman is not putting this offense in a position to be successful and win games and that is completely on him.

every single loss has been on him

every single one.
Response to post 919. I am working and I am hammered.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Right, it's the whole gadget pay mentality as a means toward winning football. It's so weak. Rather than scheme a 5-7m yard play that has a high probability of success, we use gadget b******t to win yards. It hack. It's amateur. It's not pro. I can't figure it all now, but when I do I will post. We need a significan change.

and always on 1st down. the best down to lose 5 yards

have to love this guy being allowed to ruin an nfl team by himself
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
We would have six if our DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS showed up. The offense carried us the end of last year, not that defense.

However, we do need a change at OC. Roman needs to go

True but our offense has regressed and Roman whom was being called innovative in the running game is now showing that he cannot call passing plays that will beat teams that stop the running game.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
And it's only because we're talented that we will win those 11. Wow could you imagine what this team could be if let's say Sean Payton - hell I'll even take Andy Reid as the coach.

don't even need a new head coach
just someone else calling the offense. anyone including jim can do a better job
he is risking losing the team completely
2 losses by a combined 4 points, this is what bad teams do, not teams who aspire to go to the super bowl

6-4 tied with arizona when we should be 9-1
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Right, it's the whole gadget pay mentality as a means toward winning football. It's so weak. Rather than scheme a 5-7m yard play that has a high probability of success, we use gadget b******t to win yards. It hack. It's amateur. It's not pro. I can't figure it all now, but when I do I will post. We need a significan change.

This, like that running play where they had 3 guys circling around like a Merry-Go-Round, defenses are completely ignoring that s**t now, take that college b******t back to the NCAA.
Another issue is the sheer amount of time it takes to get a play off. These time outs the Niners take in the first quarter because the play call has not been there has been a problem for what seems like an eternity. Damn near every other team in the NFL can get a play call in with plenty of time to make adjustments. The Niners cannot. This also destroys the Niners in the two minute drill. I also think this is limiting what Kaep can do with the offense. He's far to concerned with getting all the adjustments just right in a limited amount of time because the play call gets in with just about 9 seconds left to get the play off.

That is on Roman and Harbaugh. And quite frankly I think it is on Roman more than Harbaugh.

Again, Roman will be gone at the end of the season if not before then. This offense has had problems since he's been here and it hasn't gotten better. QBs have changed, but the overall issues with it have remained.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
It can be 1st and 10 or 3rd and 3 and it seems so far away in this POS offense.
When the high school stuff stopped working Roman couldn't adjust and that's all this game is about.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
Another issue is the sheer amount of time it takes to get a play off. These time outs the Niners take in the first quarter because the play call has not been there has been a problem for what seems like an eternity. Damn near every other team in the NFL can get a play call in with plenty of time to make adjustments. The Niners cannot. This also destroys the Niners in the two minute drill. I also think this is limiting what Kaep can do with the offense. He's far to concerned with getting all the adjustments just right in a limited amount of time because the play call gets in with just about 9 seconds left to get the play off.

That is on Roman and Harbaugh. And quite frankly I think it is on Roman more than Harbaugh.

Again, Roman will be gone at the end of the season if not before then. This offense has had problems since he's been here and it hasn't gotten better. QBs have changed, but the overall issues with it have remained.

exactly

he doesn't even have a plan.

call the play get it in let him make the adjustments

the same problems we've had the entire time here

if jim has balls he'll fire him before they even get back to new orleans

that's 4 games

Please change the thread title.

Greg Roman, is he really bad?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This, like that running play where they had 3 guys circling around like a Merry-Go-Round, defenses are completely ignoring that s**t now, take that college b******t back to the NCAA.

Exactly. What the. We don't have a single quick hitter between the guards in our play book. We don't have a single pitch in our playbook. It's incredible. Our coaching staff is doing a crappy crappy job of putting our skill in a position to be successful.

I think the last 8 quarters have got to be some of the worst, least productive offense 8 quarters in modern day football history.

Another poster said we are wasting great d, and that is true.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

exactly

he doesn't even have a plan.

call the play get it in let him make the adjustments

the same problems we've had the entire time here

if jim has balls he'll fire him before they even get back to new orleans

that's 4 games

This, this is flat out embarassing. Harbaugh needs to start calling the plays or promote somebody.
Did anyone see us run out of a set that wasn't jumbo package 1 WR or 2 WRs without a fullback?

The creativity in the run game is non-existent. It is so tough to watch 9 people load the box knowing a run won't work.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Did anyone see us run out of a set that wasn't jumbo package 1 WR or 2 WRs without a fullback?

The creativity in the run game is non-existent. It is so tough to watch 9 people load the box knowing a run won't work.

the wham played work
and then he proceeded to not call it again

everything that works he doesn't go back to it.

someone needs to check his bank account because he is literally throwing the games
Share 49ersWebzone