LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Greg-Roman-Conversation-Offensive-Outlook/56dcb9ff-704d-4c18-949f-b1e05b81d6df

Admitting he put a ton on McDonald's plate and will now consider getting him more involved in the passing game going forward. He seemed to really like Patton as well and also looks to get him more involved.

you really think roman knows how to use someone like patton? do you really think that?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Constantine:
YES... Just like players, they get better with experience, and he'll continue getting better as he learns more as players do.
omg with this thinking,, he will get better with more experience, he never learned s**t from the super bowl, you pay a coach alot of money and you expect a little bit more than what we got with this offense this year, he had no clue how to use the players he had, he ran away from things that worked and why am i wasting my time,,,, roman will get better why does this fat f**ker get so much of a long leash with some people?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
YES... Just like players, they get better with experience, and he'll continue getting better as he learns more as players do.

Good one... His playcalling handicapped this offense once again and shows no signs of changing going forward
good god this is, sad to say, the truth here lets call for a pass play that gets us three yards when we need 9, here lets call a nice pass to our rookie tight end in the playoffs and then never go back to that again, here lets keep running gore against 9 men, and for gods sake why the f**k would we ever fake the run to set up the pass
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I blame all this shiznit on Hostess Twinkies...
I think Greg Roman is the best OC in the league
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I think Greg Roman is the best OC in the league

who is greg roma
I wonder when harbaugh is going to take ownership of these problems?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
What puzzles me the most is when you look at Kaepernicks first full game against the Bears the versatility Roman showed in his play calling was off the chaines.

But then for example call 10 running plays with 1 guy split out against a defense like Seattle ? I mean what is the thought process behind that ?
Originally posted by DeUh:
What puzzles me the most is when you look at Kaepernicks first full game against the Bears the versatility Roman showed in his play calling was off the chaines.

But then for example call 10 running plays with 1 guy split out against a defense like Seattle ? I mean what is the thought process behind that ?

One possibility is that Seattle's defense is really really good and so a certain amount of caution about the play calling starts to sound like a good idea to limit the possibility of mistakes and turnovers.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boooby:
One possibility is that Seattle's defense is really really good and so a certain amount of caution about the play calling starts to sound like a good idea to limit the possibility of mistakes and turnovers.

If thats the case it would be a lot wiser to spread them out to take as many defenders as possible out of the play.

I dont think running into a box stacked with 9 defenders limits the possibility of a turnover.

Of course in a stadium that is so loud you try to keep it as simple as possible. But from the outside looking in those run plays that were called looked just bad !
I'd love to see Holmgren come back to SF as QB coach and Shanahan as OC. They helped develop Steve Young go from athlete to QB.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 19, 2014 at 10:58 PM ]

Good one... His playcalling handicapped this offense once again and shows no signs of changing going forward
good god this is, sad to say, the truth here lets call for a pass play that gets us three yards when we need 9, here lets call a nice pass to our rookie tight end in the playoffs and then never go back to that again, here lets keep running gore against 9 men, and for gods sake why the f**k would we ever fake the run to set up the pass

yeah lets get a 10 point lead then go conservative until our opponent can put it together
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
omg with this thinking,, he will get better with more experience, he never learned s**t from the super bowl, you pay a coach alot of money and you expect a little bit more than what we got with this offense this year, he had no clue how to use the players he had, he ran away from things that worked and why am i wasting my time,,,, roman will get better why does this fat f**ker get so much of a long leash with some people?

I can't stop laughing! Tell us what you really think cciowa!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yeah lets get a 10 point lead then go conservative until our opponent can put it together

ya, i'm sick of that s**t. Keep your fkn foot on the gas pedal.
Share 49ersWebzone