Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
He sucked today. His offense let SEA back in the game. Defense balled today

The three turnovers killed us.

Are you willing to place those turnovers on Roman?

At some point, Kaepernick has to do a better job of protecting the ball.

The play to outside was definitely on Kap, he should've never thrown it to Boldin but it does start with the AR bulls**t that Roman and Harbaugh have installed. It is holding back this team and Kap.

The fumble cannot logically be attributed to Roman. In addition, to the Kaepernick's three turnovers, there was a huge breakdown on special teams. You can not put the special team breakdown on Roman.

If I remember correctly Boldin had two drops. Is Roman responsible for every mistake the team makes?

Mistakes, mistakes made on the field by players, killed us this game.

I agree that the team needs to drastically improve its passing game--that there are conceptual flaws in the passing scheme that need to be corrected.

Harbaugh has two years left on his contract--two years to make the corrections that are needed. I would like to see the corrections made.

If Roman is fired or Roman is kept, I do not care. I want to see a better developed passing game.
[ Edited by buck on Jan 19, 2014 at 7:50 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
what is AR again?

Anointed Receiver.

It is when there is a designated player that is the one and only player meant to get the ball. It isn't always a bad thing but it is for us when Roman/Chryst/Harbaugh use long developing plays to get to the AR. It causes Kap to stare at the receiver for 3+ seconds.
Run up the middle every 1st down. Get the lead and sit on it. Only time we do something is when they tie it up or we get down. Doesnt know how to get TDs instead of FGs. Not all him but he is a big part of it. He might be able to design plays but he certainly doesnt know when to call them. Most of our offense came from Kap scrambling. Up to Harbaugh but I hope he goes. Just a matter of can we upgrade over him or not. Spread the Seahawks out, throw quick throws... slants, curls to the sidelines, etc... then run some draws when they are backed off. Or spread them out have QB draw or get kap running with their backs turned to him. First game Roman bunched everyone up on the line ran jumbo with 1 wr... yep that will work. He did it again this game. Way too many bunched up formations and runs when it was obvious.
  • Veteran
He he comes back, there is something wrong with this front office and HC.
The fumble cannot logically be attributed to Roman. In addition, to the Kaepernick's three turnovers, there was a huge breakdown on special teams. You can not put the special team breakdown on Roman.

If I remember correctly Boldin had two drops. Is Roman responsible for every mistake the team makes?

I agree that the team needs to drastically improve its passing game--that there are conceptual flaws in the passing scheme that need to be corrected.

Harbaugh has two years left on his contract--two years to make the corrections that are needed. I would like to see the corrections made.

If Roman is fired or Roman is kept, I do not care. I want to see a better developed passing game.

This is my wish as well, but I wonder if that will happen with Roman at OC. I keep wondering about the story detailing the way plays are called, using three different people...run, pass and Roman relaying the plays. Then Harbaugh can over rule. Seems a weird way to run an offense. And I want the passing game to be in sync...not hodge podge, willynilly, devel may care...whatever the hell it is now.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
With all the forum chatter and many good points made, I truly thought after fumbling the ball on a play he surely should have run, that Kapy was going to protect the ball. I hope this does eat at him as much as all the people he has disappointed because it's a learning tool to improve........GO NINERS.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Please don't start the Gore is average or even worse, Gore is done stuff. He was being tackled by 1 or 2 guys behind the line of scrimmage on just about every play. Is he Marshawn Lynch? No, but who is. Gore's a little older and has a lot left. I think if we get a good center, a healthy Mike Iupati, and a passing game that we actually use (we have the players already) and the lanes should be more open for Gore.
Why note hire five allpro o-liners? If you start thinking about the o-line to bolster the running game, sometimes you have to question the RBs instead. Gore was subpar against Seatlle AGAIN.
The zone tallks about Gore as if he were the best RB of all time. Where was he today?

Again, he was being tackled by 1 or 2 guys behind the line of scrimmage on just about every play. What running back was going to succeed in that situation not named Marshawn Lynch? If anything I would've used Kendall Hunter more since he could've provided some speed. Gore was terrible today, I'll give you that. But considering the circumstances and that there was no real threat of a passing game- ever, he may not be the same, but he's not average either.

It is about time (2012 was the time honestly) that we began sharing these carries.
Harbaugh has a play sheet in his hands, and if he can't see what is going on with the play calling, maybe he needs to back to coaching college.
I'm over Roman..I pray he gets a hc job.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

This is my wish as well, but I wonder if that will happen with Roman at OC. I keep wondering about the story detailing the way plays are called, using three different people...run, pass and Roman relaying the plays. Then Harbaugh can over rule. Seems a weird way to run an offense. And I want the passing game to be in sync...not hodge podge, willynilly, devel may care...whatever the hell it is now.

Harbaugh and company came into the league three years ago. They have done very well, but they clearly need to make adjustments.

In my estimation, it is their responsibility to make those adjustments.

Will they be able to do it? I have no idea. We will see.

Baalke needs to get us more and better depth at wide receiver. Again, we will see.

The players also need to make adjustments. Kaepernick needs to examine his game and focus some energy eliminating the turnovers. Aldon Smith needs to stay on course. In the last two, games there have been problems with hand off between Gore and Kaepernick. That miscommunication needs to be fixed. Again, we will see.

Fangio did make good adjustments in his work--so it can be done.

Originally posted by 190836:
He he comes back, there is something wrong with this front office and HC.

He's not going anywhere. Its not like you're going to find someone better at this junction and his playcalling is directly derived from Harbaugh's philosophy. This is the type of offense that Harbaugh wants, simple as that.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Shots to the Endzone

• Bevel takes a shot at the 49ers WEAKEST CB in Rogers who was getting routinely beaten all game as a way to get back .....

• Roman takes a shot at the Seahawks BEST CB in Sherman to WIN THE GAME

Compare/Contrast
your right absolutely right
  • thl408
I liked using Kap on designed run plays and giving him the green light in running. I wish they would have worked the middle area of the field more often to pick up better gains on first down. Gore and the Oline did not have it going in the run game. On that last drive they had it going. No need to try for it all there with time and timeouts left. The drive was going so well too.
The first drive of the game after Aldon forced and recovered the fumble I thought it was a mistake to not go play action right away to the end zone on our first offensive play. We went three and out, and didn't even pass to the end zone. I feel this way because we already had the field goal, we already had three points, so why not take a shot for 7? Way too conservative for me.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Shots to the Endzone

• Bevel takes a shot at the 49ers WEAKEST CB in Rogers who was getting routinely beaten all game as a way to get back .....

• Roman takes a shot at the Seahawks BEST CB in Sherman to WIN THE GAME

Compare/Contrast

Wait so Roman was the one who threw the pick in the endzone????
Share 49ersWebzone