There are 229 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Veteran
I hope they get rid of him.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
His offense, fully healthy was given the ball at the opponents 20 at the opening of the NFC f**kING CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. His offense came away with 3 points. You should be fired on that alone.

This
Originally posted by communist:
He is not the problem. Gore and Kaep are.

Gore is not the problem, he has proven himself his entire career. Gore could rush the ball 20 times and rush for 10 yards with 3 fumbles in a game and i still will have the utmost respect for him, he is the bell cow of this team and a future HOF. Put the blame right where it belongs: Roman for calling such a predictable and conservative offensive game plan all the time and Kaep for making so many stupid decisions and Harbaugh for not recognizing this.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
He sucked today. His offense let SEA back in the game. Defense balled today

The three turnovers killed us.

Are you willing to place those turnovers on Roman?

At some point, Kaepernick has to do a better job of protecting the ball.

Agree with this. As much as I want Kaepernick to be a veteran QB he still has a ways to go. I was very disappointed in some decisions in the second half. Still trying to force it to Crabtree too much and where the heck was VD? But all in all...just can't view this objectively right now...maybe in a few days.
kap sucked today...5 turnovers, 3 INTs and 2 strips,er fumbles...lost fumbles. So keeping the training wheels on kap, where we run AR plays, kap stares the ONE RECEIVER down, and gets 3 INTS. Hell we could easily have won that game, especially if kap could have been doing progression reads...but he didn't . He dialed up the AR and stared him down right into the INT, into triple coverage twice, double once. Fantastic. Way to go roman. Bubba, I sure hope that Cleveland vacancy is open, because your azz should be fired from here by oh, say, 7 a.m manana. You really call that a professionally called game? Hey maybe kap can't read Ds and has to be told throw it to one guy and one guy only. Frankly I believe he would have done way better doing progressions, but you have to have these fancy schmancy schemes to get one guy open. WEll, roman guess what? we didn't and kap threw into double or triple coverage. This is your loss roman, YOUR LOSS. Many thanks for nothing.

I would say one thing about your play calling roman...alhto I have been hard on you in times past, I have toned it down some. roman, bud, you SUCK. Leave, please get your miserable excuse for offensive game calls out of SF. In the old days, you would have been run out of town on a rail. Good Lord, roman that was the crappiest of your playoff game calls yet. Congratulations idiota. YOu now have 3 playoff losses you contributed to, as the principal. You ought to be really proud of that. You failed us. Now it's time for you to go fail for someone else.
Originally posted by Eric10:
Gore is not the problem, he has proven himself his entire career. Gore could rush the ball 20 times and rush for 10 yards with 3 fumbles in a game and i still will have the utmost respect for him, he is the bell cow of this team and a future HOF. Put the blame right where it belongs: Roman for calling such a predictable and conservative offensive game plan all the time and Kaep for making so many stupid decisions and Harbaugh for not recognizing this.
Gore is an average RB, he can only run up the middle and that's it.

Harbaugh commands the philosophy and Harbaugh is also the one who will be questioned next year if we fail again. Imo, Harbaugh has two additional seasons and not more.
what is AR again?

Harbaugh commands the philosophy and Harbaugh is also the one who will be questioned next year if we fail again. Imo, Harbaugh has two additional seasons and not more.

LOL
Originally posted by Eric10:

Please don't start the Gore is average or even worse, Gore is done stuff. He was being tackled by 1 or 2 guys behind the line of scrimmage on just about every play. Is he Marshawn Lynch? No, but who is. Gore's a little older and has a lot left. I think if we get a good center, a healthy Mike Iupati, and a passing game that we actually use (we have the players already) and the lanes should be more open for Gore.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
kap sucked today...5 turnovers, 3 INTs and 2 strips,er fumbles...lost fumbles. So keeping the training wheels on kap, where we run AR plays, kap stares the ONE RECEIVER down, and gets 3 INTS. Hell we could easily have won that game, especially if kap could have been doing progression reads...but he didn't . He dialed up the AR and stared him down right into the INT, into triple coverage twice, double once. Fantastic. Way to go roman. Bubba, I sure hope that Cleveland vacancy is open, because your azz should be fired from here by oh, say, 7 a.m manana. You really call that a professionally called game? Hey maybe kap can't read Ds and has to be told throw it to one guy and one guy only. Frankly I believe he would have done way better doing progressions, but you have to have these fancy schmancy schemes to get one guy open. WEll, roman guess what? we didn't and kap threw into double or triple coverage. This is your loss roman, YOUR LOSS. Many thanks for nothing.

I would say one thing about your play calling roman...alhto I have been hard on you in times past, I have toned it down some. roman, bud, you SUCK. Leave, please get your miserable excuse for offensive game calls out of SF. In the old days, you would have been run out of town on a rail. Good Lord, roman that was the crappiest of your playoff game calls yet. Congratulations idiota. YOu now have 3 playoff losses you contributed to, as the principal. You ought to be really proud of that. You failed us. Now it's time for you to go fail for someone else.

Where are you getting 5 turnovers from?

• tsty
  • Veteran
A classic description of Roman should be the James play where he was suppose to pass it back to Kapy.....WTF.
Originally posted by tsty:
A classic description of Roman should be the James play where he was suppose to pass it back to Kapy.....WTF.
No kidding. Why the **** are they trying Mickey Mouse s**t like that with 3 minutes left in the NFC Championship game? Holy hell, talk about an inappropriate time to try something like that.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Please don't start the Gore is average or even worse, Gore is done stuff. He was being tackled by 1 or 2 guys behind the line of scrimmage on just about every play. Is he Marshawn Lynch? No, but who is. Gore's a little older and has a lot left. I think if we get a good center, a healthy Mike Iupati, and a passing game that we actually use (we have the players already) and the lanes should be more open for Gore.
Why note hire five allpro o-liners? If you start thinking about the o-line to bolster the running game, sometimes you have to question the RBs instead. Gore was subpar against Seatlle AGAIN.
The zone tallks about Gore as if he were the best RB of all time. Where was he today?
Originally posted by buck:
The three turnovers killed us.

Are you willing to place those turnovers on Roman?

At some point, Kaepernick has to do a better job of protecting the ball.

at some point you have to call a good game
we get the ball right out of the gate on a big play and he calls 3 horrible plays

that was the tone of the entire game.

every play kap made was because of his ability to get away from the crap that was called
how is it everyone can run on the seahawks but gore can't
maybe because every run is on 1st down and right in the middle

he was absolutely horrible today
and the reason we didn't put up points on the board he tried to turn on the offense at the end instead of putting them away

why would you call the plays he called coming out of half with a chance to go up big?

why would he run a damn pass option play with lmj in the championship game?

kape made the right read at the end just needed a better throw and they made a hell of a play

we wouldn't have even been in the game if kap didn't keep us in it

and the defense was 50/50

they played good
and then gave up horrible stuff

but roman has to go
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Not completely but I do have some big questions about schemes and calls ......

What worked: the left side of the field
What didn't work: running into 11 men
What worked: bootlegs to 3rd and 4th receiver(s)
What didn't work: AR plays
What worked: giving Kap 2 options on passing plays - throws or clear running lanes
What didn't: designed runs after they were used a couple of times
What didnt: leaving Anthony Davis one-on-one with Irvin and Bennent

Just want to know why we invested so much energy in what didn't work and at the most critical times in the game went to the things ... again that didn't give us the maximum chance to win. I could say the same thing for the Super Bowl.

So IMHO, it goes to show - no matter who's healthy, this offense is still inept... whether that 50-Kap/50-Roman, it needs to be fixed. This type of offense is unsustainable.

I think you are right and said before the game this would demonstrate Roman's ability--healthy, good weather, tough place but he needed to overcome that and win.

What only worked once--running Gore on first down. I am so sick of second and ten or eleven! Then they started hitting passes in the middle...and I was so happy...until Kaepernick tried to hit a long throw. Yeah...with enough time to work your way down the field and use the clock...why not force it into Crabtree?

I wonder how much is Roman and how much is on CK's decision making. Hard for me to tell...but I'm beginning to hate the run first game even more!
Share 49ersWebzone