Norv?
Bring back Jimmy Raye!! Free Jimmy!!

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Thank god

Yes, thanks Mr Almighty.

Finally we agree on something.

Can I help it if you insist on being wrong so often?

J/k
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
geep chryst will get promoted duhh

Yea I thought this was universally known
Good for Roman.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Go Roman go...take Alex, Delanie Walker & Ted Ginn with you...don't let the door hit you on the way out "Mr never throw deep or utilize your high prized free agents"
I am actually hoping he gets a head coaching job, and we can find a coordinator that knows how to open up the offense.

I F#cking hate the Jumbo package...
Really? You all want Roman gone that bad over losing to the Rams? We've seen two good years of offense in the past decade and he's responsible for both. Now we're in the top ten in offense for the first time in forever and you're all hoping Roman leaves? WOW I'm embarrased for all of you right now.

And as for the jumbo package that everyone is crying about... Thats one of the reasons our playaction has not been a total flop. Whether it works or not you HAVE to respect the run in that situation. Its a staple of this offense and anyone b***hing about it more than likely doesn't understand football at all. You see a two yard run and automatically consider it worthless? I love all the different personel groupings we run and I absolutely love the jumbo packages. It will get better too!

I for one hope Roman stays for a few more years and keeps improving as he has since he started. This is only year two and he has steadily improved. Imagine where we'll be in year three. We need the continuity!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I would be totally for Norv making a return after he gets fired in SD. Would be a nice fit IMO.

I would give my left nut for this to happen. I remember Norv calling the offense for a team largely devoid of talent and he was a great playcaller, kept opposing defensive coordinators off balance, made Alex look like he had turned the corner, terrific balance of big passing plays down field along with plenty of runs, I mean Frank Gore did have the best year of his career with Norv as the playcaller. The additional benefit is that Norv isn't going anywhere, nobody is going to offer him a head coaching position ever again, he's kind of like Wade Phillips in that regard, he'll remain as a very, very good coordinator and a guy that the 49ers wouldn't have to worry about bailing on them again.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Really? You all want Roman gone that bad over losing to the Rams? We've seen two good years of offense in the past decade and he's responsible for both. Now we're in the top ten in offense for the first time in forever and you're all hoping Roman leaves? WOW I'm embarrased for all of you right now.

And as for the jumbo package that everyone is crying about... Thats one of the reasons our playaction has not been a total flop. Whether it works or not you HAVE to respect the run in that situation. Its a staple of this offense and anyone b***hing about it more than likely doesn't understand football at all. You see a two yard run and automatically consider it worthless? I love all the different personel groupings we run and I absolutely love the jumbo packages. It will get better too!

I for one hope Roman stays for a few more years and keeps improving as he has since he started. This is only year two and he has steadily improved. Imagine where we'll be in year three. We need the continuity!

Actually I was thinking 2006 under Norv, not sure why you're calling what we've seen under Roman as "good offense", but maybe you just have lower standards. Personally I'd refer to it as mediocre offense, especially with the team repeatedly struggling to score points even with as many offensive weapons as they possess, league worst in 3rd down conversion percentage, very bottom of the league in passing, if that is "good offense", I'd rather try something else.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
geep chryst will get promoted duhh

f**k Geep Chryst. He's been an offensive coordinator in the NFL for a total of 2 seasons and that was over 12 years ago. There's a reason teams weren't rushing to make him their playcaller again. He was canned in San Diego for being absolutely terrible and a vanilla OC, he's got Hostler v2.0 written all over him. Just because the guy is on the staff already doesn't mean he deserves to get promoted, that's Mike Nolan logic. Chryst was OC of the 30th and 28th ranked offenses respectively, not sure why anyone would assume he'd make a good candidate other than the aforementioned Mike Nolan logic.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
He won't get hired
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I would be totally for Norv making a return after he gets fired in SD. Would be a nice fit IMO.

I would give my left nut for this to happen. I remember Norv calling the offense for a team largely devoid of talent and he was a great playcaller, kept opposing defensive coordinators off balance, made Alex look like he had turned the corner, terrific balance of big passing plays down field along with plenty of runs, I mean Frank Gore did have the best year of his career with Norv as the playcaller. The additional benefit is that Norv isn't going anywhere, nobody is going to offer him a head coaching position ever again, he's kind of like Wade Phillips in that regard, he'll remain as a very, very good coordinator and a guy that the 49ers wouldn't have to worry about bailing on them again.

We finally got the WCO back! I dont wanna give that s**t up, believe that.
If Staley smirked at one of his plays, he will not be missed.
Originally posted by kush:

We finally got the WCO back! I dont wanna give that s**t up, believe that.

Yeah because whatever the hell Roman was calling on Sunday had so much in common with the WCO..................
Share 49ersWebzone