LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 183 users in the forums

Official Greg "the mad scientist" Roman Express

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thank god

Who will take Roman's place as OC?
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

I would be totally for Norv making a return after he gets fired in SD. Would be a nice fit IMO.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I would be totally for Norv making a return after he gets fired in SD. Would be a nice fit IMO.
Would he fit into Harbaughs version of the WCO? I thought Norv was a Coryell guy,
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Would he fit into Harbaughs version of the WCO? I thought Norv was a Coryell guy,

He is a Coryell guy, but he knows the WCO as well im sure, and its not like Roman is exactly running a WCO. I think Norv being the playcaller, with a mix of his and harbaughs playbook would be extremely intrigueing. Norv is a damn fine OC. Could just never cut it as HC.
Honestly roman is a good OC but sometimes he can go full retard on his play calling. Especially on third downs or whenever he is trying to run stupid trick plays that never works.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Honestly roman is a good OC but sometimes he can go full retard on his play calling. Especially on third downs or whenever he is trying to run stupid trick plays that never works.

Im not so sure he is a good OC. He has an extremely diverse Playbook, but he doesnt seem to use it to the best of its ability, and he also doesnt seem to make great adjustments durring the course of the game. Im gonna say mediocre playcaller, with an extremely diverse playbook, that makes up for some of his shortcomings as a playcaller. He also hasnt shown that he is getting beter over the course of his stay here, if anything he has regressed.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Dec 6, 2012 at 12:21 AM ]
we can have a better OC. roman is overrated IMO
f**k that fat f**k. He can EAD
Hope he takes it so we can get Pat Shurmur, who is 100% likely to get the axe under new management in Cleveland. -Runs a similar west-coast system (huge focus on tight ends), played the biggest part in Bradford's rookie success in STL.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM ]

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Hope he takes it so we can get Pat Shurmur, who is 100% likely to get the axe under new management in Cleveland. -Runs a similar west-coast system (huge focus on tight ends), played the biggest part in Bradford's rookie success in STL.

I'm a fan of Pat Shurmur. I wanted him when we hired Jimmy Raye. Shurmur also used to be the QB coach back in Philly (with McNabb).

Then again, maybe we could also promote Geep Chryst?
[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 6, 2012 at 2:24 AM ]
dp
[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Thank god

Yes, thanks Mr Almighty.
geep chryst will get promoted duhh
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Thank god

Yes, thanks Mr Almighty.

Finally we agree on something.