There are 239 users in the forums

Football Outsiders: 49ers #1 team by a mile

Shop Find 49ers gear online
According to their overall team ranking metric (DVOA) the 49ers are #1. And the gap to #2 (Houston) is bigger than the gap between Houston and #10 (Seattle). Damn.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-5-dvoa-ratings

These were the same guys who projected our 2012 record at 7-9, so obviously stats can deceive. And DVOA loves blowouts against bad teams, of which we've obviously just had two in a row (although I personally think both the Bills and Jets are much better than they showed against us).

Still, fun to bask in this for a moment.
Will read, lol
Only by a mile?!?!?!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Only by a mile?!?!?!

Alex Smith isnt good enough
We sure are!
Don't overlook this week's FO offensive line stats - the Niners average gain on running plays is more than a yard above that of the second best team.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Only by a mile?!?!?!

Alex Smith isnt good enough

We need a QB to make us better by 2 kilometers.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
is 300 yards longer than a mile?
Weren't these the a$$clowns that were spouting off all that "regression to the mean" crap? How do sources like these even get a platform anymore?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
mile=5280 feet

300 yards= 900 feet
5280 feet= 1,760 yards

so our total yards (over 600) is longer than a mile, but passing yardage? not even close

Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
mile=5280 feet

300 yards= 900 feet
5280 feet= 1,760 yards

so our total yards (over 600) is longer than a mile, but passing yardage? not even close

Uhhh 600 yds = 1800 ft
mile=5280 feet

300 yards= 900 feet
5280 feet= 1,760 yards

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
mile=5280 feet

300 yards= 900 feet
5280 feet= 1,760 yards

Uhhh 600 yds = 1800 ft
what am i thinking?!?!?
Let's wait to see how the next 3 weeks go. If we win the next 3, then the Niners will definitely be the class of the NFL by far.
This doesn't tell me s**t.

I don't care when these statistics tell me that our football team sucks or when our football team is dominate. We are only as good as our last win/lost....
Share 49ersWebzone