There are 310 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
crabs will still be the primary receiver on this team, hes a beast when healthy and kap loves throwing to him. i cant wait to see if kap starts to favor one of the other guys. he had a tendency to force feed crabs sometimes when other guys were wide open
I jjst don't think he's going to ask for top money I could be wrong but just don't see it. He's grown up a lot since his rookie holdout. I think we give him between 7-10 a year and he gladly takes it. To me he also seems to love it here now. He's always smiling and looks to be having fun.

Hope I'm not wrong I really don't want him to go
  • Taco
  • Veteran
just looked at overthecap there are some good fa wrs available next year if crab prices himself out of the 49ers reach. some solid veterans who could potentially take less for a chance at a ring and some rising young studs aside from crab looking for their first big contract.
Crabtree may not truly be looking for elite WR money, but if the Niners don't give him that kind of contract this year. Also, IF he stays productive AND healthy. I wouldn't mind a one year franchise tag to have him prove it. By that time Kap should be more comfortable with other receivers. Hopefully by then the cap has raised. And those were a lot of ifs. I'm hoping he stays healthy and doesn't demand what our front office cant do to keep him.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It doesn't matter, he still has that birdbrain dips**t for an agent, Parker. The guy who asked for more money after he was drafted because he "should" have been drafted higher.

What did that get Crabtree? An extra YEAR on his rookie contract. Crabtree has LOST money because of Parker, yet he still has him as his agent. Parker somehow has talked him into staying with him, so obviously, neither of them are too bright.

He'll probably argue again, "My client SHOULD be putting up better numbers, therefore I will negotiate the deal as if he IS." etc.

Someone should postbthw number of targets Crab gets per game vs other top WRs. As Kaps primary read I think Crabtree does very well in SF. I could be wrong
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
It doesn't matter, he still has that birdbrain dips**t for an agent, Parker. The guy who asked for more money after he was drafted because he "should" have been drafted higher.

What did that get Crabtree? An extra YEAR on his rookie contract. Crabtree has LOST money because of Parker, yet he still has him as his agent. Parker somehow has talked him into staying with him, so obviously, neither of them are too bright.

He'll probably argue again, "My client SHOULD be putting up better numbers, therefore I will negotiate the deal as if he IS." etc.

Someone should postbthw number of targets Crab gets per game vs other top WRs. As Kaps primary read I think Crabtree does very well in SF. I could be wrong

I'm not saying he doesn't. I would love to keep him, but if we have to pay 14 million? Parker is an ass clown, he will ask for money that is stupidly high. That is all I am trying to say.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I'm not saying he doesn't. I would love to keep him, but if we have to pay 14 million? Parker is an ass clown, he will ask for money that is stupidly high. That is all I am trying to say.

this regime will never make a deal that puts the teams financial house in danger. pure and simple. whether it be free agent or a current player, they affix a value and that is that.. that is why that whole vernon thing is silly to me. if the team throws him a bone fine, but most likely he plays out his contract and then at 32 we will see where it goes. enuff of this,,, trade him, he is a bum cry that hurtling throughout the webzone
Originally posted by Taco:
just looked at overthecap there are some good fa wrs available next year if crab prices himself out of the 49ers reach. some solid veterans who could potentially take less for a chance at a ring and some rising young studs aside from crab looking for their first big contract.

care to mention a few of the notables?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I jjst don't think he's going to ask for top money I could be wrong but just don't see it. He's grown up a lot since his rookie holdout. I think we give him between 7-10 a year and he gladly takes it. To me he also seems to love it here now. He's always smiling and looks to be having fun.

Business is business. He's going after the money, especially knowing his history of injuries to his feelt, which are his monemakers. He needs to cash out before his body gives out on em. He knows that. If josh morgan can get 8mill, crabs is going to expect a lot

He held out as a rookie and i doubt he has changed that much where he'll take a discount. Especially if you factor in his injury history.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Business is business. He's going after the money, especially knowing his history of injuries to his feelt, which are his monemakers. He needs to cash out before his body gives out on em. He knows that. If josh morgan can get 8mill, crabs is going to expect a lot

He held out as a rookie and i doubt he has changed that much where he'll take a discount. Especially if you factor in his injury history.

The one thing I will give Crab is that once he signed his deal you haven't heard not one rumble from his camp about it throughout its duration. This is a lot more than I can say for some players. He signed his deal and he has played through it even when he had QBs and a coaching staff that couldn't get him the ball. He would whine about not getting it enough but he hasn't whined about his deal

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

seriously, the redskins and teams like them f**k up the market for everyone every year. even if crabs was trying to give a friendly contract, he knows hes lightyears better than morgan and morgan got 8mill so why should he undercut himself from a business standpoint?
  • Taco
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

reggie wayne, roddy white, hakeem nicks, wes welker, jordy nelson, randall cobb, nate Washington, dez Bryant, demarius Thomas

not attaching any name to the 49ers but those are a few wr contracts expiring after the season. Jordy Nelson is currently in negotiations with gb. but those are probably some of the top names on the list.
http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=WR&Year=2015
seriously, the redskins and teams like them f**k up the market for everyone every year. even if crabs was trying to give a friendly contract, he knows hes lightyears better than morgan and morgan got 8mill so why should he undercut himself from a business standpoint?

Well the Desean Jackson deal at 3 years $27 million/$16 million guaranteed and the Brandon Marshall 3 year $30 million/$22.3 million guaranteed should be a great estimate of where Crabtree will land as far as his annual average. I have estimated about $9.5 million per over 4 years and about $ 6.5 million per guaranteed. I am thinking $38 million/$26 million guaranteed.

LOL! Now you know its the off season. I'm steady estimating and speculating!
Originally posted by Taco:

reggie wayne, roddy white, hakeem nicks, wes welker, jordy nelson, randall cobb, nate Washington, dez Bryant, demarius Thomas

not attaching any name to the 49ers but those are a few wr contracts expiring after the season. Jordy Nelson is currently in negotiations with gb. but those are probably some of the top names on the list.
http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=WR&Year=2015

Wow. Eugene Parker really screwed Crabtree out of a lot of money. If he didn't hold him out as a rookie, he would have been a free agent this year, and he would have commanded a lot. Now we are deep at WR, and Crabtree is staring at a large pool of WR free agents.

For some reason Eugene Parker remains his agent, despite all of this.
Wow. Eugene Parker really screwed Crabtree out of a lot of money. If he didn't hold him out as a rookie, he would have been a free agent this year, and he would have commanded a lot. Now we are deep at WR, and Crabtree is staring at a large pool of WR free agents.

For some reason Eugene Parker remains his agent, despite all of this.

the Deion Sanders influence
Share 49ersWebzone