LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 424 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr or Kyle Williams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ted Ginn Jr or Kyle Williams?

Younger, cheaper, more durable
Originally posted by kronik:
Younger, cheaper, more durable

More ball off the knee and fumbles in the NFC Championship game.... Remember Kyle had a nice regular season last year too. We will see when the pressure is on. We aren't spending a lot on Ginn anyway. His salary is very low. It's a myth that he takes up a lot of our cap. Remember the last time we thought it would be good to cut all our special teams aces in favor of somebody else? Have you seen our punt and kick coverage lately?....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM ]
Ginn
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Ginn

Ginn because he is a threat to score every time he catches a kick and because he he should be broken in after last week.
Ted Ginn= traid bait??

Send him to the Jets for a mid round pick.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Ginn

Ginn&Juice.. ball security is #1.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Ted Ginn= traid bait??

Send him to the Jets for a mid round pick.

Seriously this! Rex loves him some niners, he has heaped more praise on us than another team. If Baalke convinces him to go for Ginn or moss that would be awesome. Ginn needs some spectacular returns for him to stay on this team. We all know he isn't a true WR, but can be built up as a great value because of his speed which makes him good trade bait.

Being a Williams defender it's nice when level heads prevail compared to over reactions.

Lately I want to see Jenkins active and take Randy's spot. At least while its still early in the season and we aren't using Moss. I'm betting Moss's role explode during late season push/ playoffs.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Psinex:
This. You don't want Kyle Williams to be in a position to fail with the season on the line unless we have no other choice. Ted Ginn had the awareness to recover the ball after it bounced off a Niner on the punt. It was a live ball and he knows the importance of ball security, much more so than Kyle Williams.

Exactly. These are the unnoticed things that Ginn brings to the table. You don't get that with any speedy return guy you put back there.

Williams still lets the ball bounce around by his legs and runs right up to it even when he is not catching it. Wait until it's January in the wind, mud and rain and does that stuff again in a playoff game....

That is exactly what Ginn did against the Bills. Maybe you thought that was Kyle? And I think that ball bounced off another one of our players.

Don't know what game you were watching. Ginn was shouting at his blocker to get out of the way, and then ran after the ball to recover it when it appeared to touch his blocker's helmet and it was live.

I like Ginn more but next year we can use his million dollars towards resigning our young stud defenders.
This. You don't want Kyle Williams to be in a position to fail with the season on the line unless we have no other choice. Ted Ginn had the awareness to recover the ball after it bounced off a Niner on the punt. It was a live ball and he knows the importance of ball security, much more so than Kyle Williams.

Exactly. These are the unnoticed things that Ginn brings to the table. You don't get that with any speedy return guy you put back there.

Williams still lets the ball bounce around by his legs and runs right up to it even when he is not catching it. Wait until it's January in the wind, mud and rain and does that stuff again in a playoff game....

That is exactly what Ginn did against the Bills. Maybe you thought that was Kyle? And I think that ball bounced off another one of our players.

Don't know what game you were watching. Ginn was shouting at his blocker to get out of the way, and then ran after the ball to recover it when it appeared to touch his blocker's helmet and it was live.

This! He is a very heady returner now and that is a very valuable talent.
Proud of Kyle Williams that we are having this conversation. But Ginn is better. His return avg. was good last game, he fielded it all well, and if they give him an inch he'll take the field.

You're right. Ginn made a great play. Ginn is a master of special teams fielding; much better than Williams.
I still maintain that Williams is a better return man; once the ball actually ends up in his hands. It's pretty close between them, but I think Williams brings a little more to the return game. Throw out the NFCC and many more would agree. Williams has some seriously good return skills, and I want to give him another chance with it.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Seriously this! Rex loves him some niners, he has heaped more praise on us than another team. If Baalke convinces him to go for Ginn or moss that would be awesome. Ginn needs some spectacular returns for him to stay on this team. We all know he isn't a true WR, but can be built up as a great value because of his speed which makes him good trade bait.

Being a Williams defender it's nice when level heads prevail compared to over reactions.

Lately I want to see Jenkins active and take Randy's spot. At least while its still early in the season and we aren't using Moss. I'm betting Moss's role explode during late season push/ playoffs.

what would we get in return? i cant imagine we would get a very good draft pick, and we are already loaded on the back end of the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone