LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 361 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr or Kyle Williams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ted Ginn Jr or Kyle Williams?

One is a Special Teams player and the other is the #3 wide out....why are we choosing between them? Ginn and KW are both one good draft class from being cut lose. Ginn because he will warrant to much money as a vet, and KW because sooner or later we AJ will take his spot, KW might stick around as a KR, but really who wants that? I give them both 2-3 years at most on this team, maybe less.
I ould keep Ginn this season, just so we have two capable return men. Personally i would cut ties with Moss, Elevate Jenkins for sure. I would also probally deactivate Ginn, and activate someone who can have a bigger impact on game days. Williams can do anything Ginn can at this point.

Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins. I would make as much use out of those 4 as possible.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Still would take Ginn over KW because I still dont trust KW in clutch situations.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Still would take Ginn over KW because I still dont trust KW in clutch situations.

I would take KW over Ginn because I don't trust Ginn to be healthy and not to put us in a place where we have to put someone in there who is not our regular guy and might make a big mistake.

I really like having both. I suspect next season we lose Ginn and Moss. Both over play time issues.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I would take KW over Ginn because I don't trust Ginn to be healthy and not to put us in a place where we have to put someone in there who is not our regular guy and might make a big mistake.

I really like having both. I suspect next season we lose Ginn and Moss. Both over play time issues.

yah both of those dudes will be out, Moss probably be out sometime during this season.

This. You don't want Kyle Williams to be in a position to fail with the season on the line unless we have no other choice. Ted Ginn had the awareness to recover the ball after it bounced off a Niner on the punt. It was a live ball and he knows the importance of ball security, much more so than Kyle Williams.
It seems to me like Ginn is just taking up a roster spot. He was spectacular last year, but has been average at best. Overall, our ST have been very lack luster (minus Andy Lee). I would be all for trying to trade Ginn right now.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
It seems to me like Ginn is just taking up a roster spot. He was spectacular last year, but has been average at best. Overall, our ST have been very lack luster (minus Andy Lee). I would be all for trying to trade Ginn right now.

trade Ginn to the Jets lmao

or Jags, Robinson keeps getting injured, their #1 WR is Cecil Shorts for gods sake....
Originally posted by Gore_21:
That would leave 4 WRs so you are right we could draft 2 guys if we go with 6 again. I kind of hope Ricardo Lockette doesn't signed to a 53 man roster because I'd like to see him compete for a spot as #5 or 6. I was a fan of his coming out.

Edit, Matt49er, nice going. We get a break from Alex vs Colin for a week and now it will be Williams vs Ginn. J/K

Lol great win, not down on either guy at all just thought this would be a good question for the zone to ponder
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

trade Ginn to the Jets lmao

or Jags, Robinson keeps getting injured, their #1 WR is Cecil Shorts for gods sake....

I'm in. We got a 5th for Ginn, and he's played very well. But we don't have room for him anymore. Get a 4th for him, ROI

Originally posted by jreff22:
With Ginn probably being gone at the end of the year I wouldn't hate the idea of having KW take over. It's games like today that getting the young guys in would be very easy. Celek got a pass today for gods sake....did Ginn even line up at WR for 1 snap?

This is my thinking too, we gave him a 1 yr. deal and he's knocking on 30. I say him and Moss will leave next year and Jenkins and Lockett will take over their roles. We will still be loaded at WR too (Crabs, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, and Lockett)..I like Ginn too, but with his absence we've seen others that can do what he does, and then some.
Originally posted by Psinex:
This. You don't want Kyle Williams to be in a position to fail with the season on the line unless we have no other choice. Ted Ginn had the awareness to recover the ball after it bounced off a Niner on the punt. It was a live ball and he knows the importance of ball security, much more so than Kyle Williams.

Exactly. These are the unnoticed things that Ginn brings to the table. You don't get that with any speedy return guy you put back there.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
This is my thinking too, we gave him a 1 yr. deal and he's knocking on 30. I say him and Moss will leave next year and Jenkins and Lockett will take over their roles. We will still be loaded at WR too (Crabs, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, and Lockett)..I like Ginn too, but with his absence we've seen others that can do what he does, and then some.

He is 3 years from 30. And being a WR/KR, and a seldom used wide receiver at that, is not the same as being a running back.
Ginn is the better return guy. He has been his whole career. You guys are looking at a FEW games. And Ginn was actually out for most of those. You are getting carried away. Williams still lets the ball bounce around by his legs instead of running away from. That will come back to haunt us in the playoffs.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by jreff22:
With Ginn probably being gone at the end of the year I wouldn't hate the idea of having KW take over. It's games like today that getting the young guys in would be very easy. Celek got a pass today for gods sake....did Ginn even line up at WR for 1 snap?

who the hell is Lockett?
Share 49ersWebzone