LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Does anyone know where we rank in YAC ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Honestly, this could be a misleading stat. There have been plays of 60, 70, 80 yards for other teams against bad defenses where 1 player misses a tackle and he's gone. Those can sway the stats fast. Also, dump offs in garbage time for teams when the team is playing 30 yards downfield. You'd really have to break down film because those YAC yards last night where all pretty much earned. They weren't given to them. Maybe the Crabtree 2nd td but other than that the rest was well earned.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
trey wingo ‏@wingoz Niners receivers had 107 YAC last night, yards after catch. 2nd most in any single game over the last 5 seasons.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN From @PFF (Pro Football Focus) analysis of last night's 49ers game, 62 of Michael Crabtree's 72 receiving yards were after the catch.

finally got some YAC

Very interesting.... And IF the team's YAC was consistently higher, SMITH would have more passing yards.

Mind....BLOWN......

Been saying that for a while now. A lot has to do play design and the all important ball location. Still dont know why dont throw more slants doe.

QFT. pisses me off.
QFT. pisses me off.

Yeah, more 1 step or 3 step drop quick throws to Crabtree in the flat and more slants. Same with Manningham, get those guys the ball and let them work their magic. Also, roman is a bullhead... more screens when teams are getting pressure. Even if it doesn't work at least it gets them thinking.
Crabtree is currently top 10 in YAC for all NFL wide receivers (#18 overall when you add in running backs and tight ends).
Moss's TD sure helped.
trey wingo ‏@wingoz Niners receivers had 107 YAC last night, yards after catch. 2nd most in any single game over the last 5 seasons.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN From @PFF (Pro Football Focus) analysis of last night's 49ers game, 62 of Michael Crabtree's 72 receiving yards were after the catch.

finally got some YAC

Very interesting.... And IF the team's YAC was consistently higher, SMITH would have more passing yards.

Mind....BLOWN......

Been saying that for a while now. A lot has to do play design and the all important ball location. Still dont know why dont throw more slants doe.

QFT. pisses me off.

I just hope it is one of those "keeping this in the back pocket" aces for when play-offs come.
So out of curiousity, I put together a spreadsheet which broke down the Yac per Rec of all the players in the nfl.

Trivia Question: How high was the highest ranked 49er and who was he?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
What needs to be taken into account is the amount of throws as well.

We've attempted the same amount of passes that Tom Brady has COMPLETED(209) versus Alex's 145 completions out of 209 attempts. Alex has a 69% completion rate compared to Brady's 64% so its not far fetch the expand it.

Proportion of throwing attempts and overall yards matters. Because 64 extra completions theoretically means a 40% increase in total yards and YAC.

Also offensive schemes matter greatly in those statistics - I'm sure at least 2/3s of Percy Harvins 667 yards are YAC because they throw bubble screens to him almost 5+ times a game. If we threw bubble screens as often as the Vikings did we'd probably have the same YAC as them.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 30, 2012 at 3:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
So out of curiousity, I put together a spreadsheet which broke down the Yac per Rec of all the players in the nfl.

I posted the answer like three posts above you.

Or do you mean in the history of the NFL?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

you must be really bored

you must be really bored

Pretty much.

you must be really bored

Pretty much.

I'll play -

Highest ranked was #42 and it was Manningham.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

you must be really bored

Pretty much.

well wheres the spread sheat ?

finally got some YAC

Mind....BLOWN......

QFT. pisses me off.

B/c we don't run a WCO. We run the Anti-WCO.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168153-official-greg-mad-scientist-roman-express/page9/
I'll play -

Highest ranked was #42 and it was Manningham.

add 100 to that and you'd be close for Mario.

Ranked #130 in the NFL in YAC per attempt. 98th in total Yac.
Share 49ersWebzone