LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 184 users in the forums

What will it take to be a passing team again.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
To answer your question in the title, a new Head Coach.

Jim Harbaugh Stanford Run / Pass Per Game Splits:

2007: 37.2 Passes / 35.3 Rushes
2008: 23.9 Passes / 40.8 Rushes
2009: 24.1 Passes / 41.2 Rushes
2010: 29.2 Passes / 41.2 Rushes
Originally posted by redrathman:

andrew luck is limited and harbaugh doesnt trust him to throw
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
For Pete's sake just call a game plan that calls for 1-2 more calculated shots down field.

All I ask for as well.

The game plan is "limited" for a reason.

Hey, you guys remember when susweel wanted to draft CJ Spiller and Jimmy Clausen instead of Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis?

I do.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Lol this sums it up. Even with Kaepernick we will still be a 60 - 40 run pass team.
Originally posted by sfout:

Lol this sums it up. Even with Kaepernick we will still be a 60 - 40 run pass team.

Wow! That does sum it up.

Manning is so limited physically, if he played with us he'd only throw the ball 10 times a game and you can forget about any roll outs!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
For Pete's sake just call a game plan that calls for 1-2 more calculated shots down field.

All I ask for as well.

The game plan is "limited" for a reason.

Hey, you guys remember when susweel wanted to draft CJ Spiller and Jimmy Clausen instead of Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis?

I do.

haha you are good.
Ok, copying this from a post I made in the Kaep thread since it seems like it applies here too.

You have to understand the whole picture. If we start our drives from the 40 yard line due to awesome returns, we already have about 20 yards less than most teams to drive. Then figure half of the 60 yards left are going to be acquired by running the ball. That only leaves 30 yards for the passing attack.Compare that to let's say the packers. They start from the 20 yard line routinely. They pretty much only pass. Let's give them 15 yards a drive they run the ball That's 65 yards of passing per drive.

So figure we get the ball what, let's say four 5 minute drives, a couple 4 minute drives, a couple drives where we punt, and a garbage time drive of a couple minutes, for 33 minutes in total. That's 9 possessions a game with two drives we punted. 7 possessions x 30 yards is 210 yards. Let's say the pack gets it 9 possessions at 3 minutes a drive with a few they punt or kick a field goal or something. So 6 possessions of 60-65 yards give them their 300+ yard day.

See? There's the difference. That's why Alex Smith doesn't have 300 yard days. We run the ball effectively. We don't have to pass a million times. We are a balanced and complete football team.Those other teams are the gimmick in the NFL. This spread garbage doesn't work long term. That's why Peyton Manning only has one ring. Defenders are too athletic and versatile now. Just look at our defense. We stopped the Pack and the Lions.

I do.

Blow it out your ass, this board was on suicide watch after drafting Aldon Smith. Nobody really has a clue what's goin on on draft day.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kush:

I do.

Blow it out your ass, this board was on suicide watch after drafting Aldon Smith. Nobody really has a clue what's goin on on draft day.

wow dude I think your letting your anger from the Musings thread leak into other threads because its pretty clear that him and Sus are joking.
  • bors
  • Veteran
so much anger in the zone...so cold in the D

Originally posted by kush:

I do.

not cool. PM me if you dont understand

I do.

I wanted Dez Bryant with the 17th pick, but happy with Iupati.
Young and Rice have to come out of retirement it is our only hope. Favre did it. We might need Seifert to come back as well. Then we are a passing team again.
I just want to be a winning team. 16 - 5 already under Harbaugh. I will take it!! I remember the Dallas Cowboys whipping us in the early 90s even though we had Young and Rice and they did it with a formula very similar to what we are using now. You can make an arguement that Aikman went down field a little more but this season's production thus far between the 2 QBs has been eerily similar. Of course Alex isn't Aikman and we aren't those Cowboys, but it goes to show that winning football can happen in any manner of ways. 16 - 5 and yes the QB plays a significant part in this
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 29, 2012 at 6:38 PM ]
We are really a tough crowd, I tell you. I guess I am just too happy with the last 21 games after the previous 8 years. I am excited about the direction this team is headed in and that is towards sustainable success. We are relevant again!!
Share 49ersWebzone