LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 170 users in the forums

Is Ted Ginn Jr. still alive?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
LOL. People like me were called crazy when we said in the offseason that Ginn was expendable. Im not ready to crown KW, but i like what i have seen. Ginn's biggest problem in the return game is not being decisive and "hitting it" as soon as he has the ball. KW may not have the vision, or ability to find holes where there arent any, but atleast he pounds it in there and gets what he can, and he has the speed to take it if its there.

Ginn was largely overrated by Niners fans based on last years performance, while totally ignoring his history in the league.
Originally posted by hohbie:
Im fine with Williams taking over returns. Sit Ginn and activate Jenkins.

truth
Gin is better with one leg then KW with two
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

This please!

ginn is still darn good on those punt returns. if he feels better this sunday maybe he will do kick returns?

And you know this based on his production this year?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

This please!

ginn is still darn good on those punt returns. if he feels better this sunday maybe he will do kick returns?

And you know this based on his production this year?
ginn did a good job this past sunday on punt returns did he not?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL. People like me were called crazy when we said in the offseason that Ginn was expendable. Im not ready to crown KW, but i like what i have seen. Ginn's biggest problem in the return game is not being decisive and "hitting it" as soon as he has the ball. KW may not have the vision, or ability to find holes where there arent any, but atleast he pounds it in there and gets what he can, and he has the speed to take it if its there.

Ginn was largely overrated by Niners fans based on last years performance, while totally ignoring his history in the league.
i still think we got a pretty decent bargain for what a sixth round draft pick? and yes i know he has been hurt but i think we will get out moneys worth for the rest of this year , my hope is that jenkins or james will take over that job next year. that is assuming ginn is gone after this year. Kyle may end up staying for a while?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:

truth
i know you have to start somewhere with the kid but unless its a blowout and we have nothing to gain,, i would be sort of nervous putting jenkins back there maybe i am just being to cautious
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Aman Bro.

This is why I felt he should have been cut. So it won't surprise me at all if we release him, in fact it's my hope.
i know you have to start somewhere with the kid but unless its a blowout and we have nothing to gain,, i would be sort of nervous putting jenkins back there maybe i am just being to cautious

I think Jenkins would give the team another deep threat. That's probably our only glaring weakness at this point. Ginn's not much as a receiver and if KW keeps stepping up in the return game, Ginn is expendable. Not expendable in the sense that he immediately needs to be cut (because we all saw last year what happens with a lack of WR depth), but he can be inactive on game days

Plus the guy's always banged up...
[ Edited by Schulzy on Oct 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM ]
f**k ginn. Let's cut him and sign another OLB.

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Nobody would have said that 4 weeks ago, including me.

But the way K-Dub has been performing in the return game, it's making Teddy look more and more expendable.
too bad he was a top ten pick of the dolphins. the dolphins should've drafted brady quinn.
Originally posted by KegBert:

But the way K-Dub has been performing in the return game, it's making Teddy look more and more expendable.

You know KW was a fumbler in college right, and you know he fumbled at the highest level right, you know that all he does now is fair catch right

Tell me again how he is better than Ginn again
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by KegBert:

You know KW was a fumbler in college right, and you know he fumbled at the highest level right, you know that all he does now is fair catch right

Tell me again how he is better than Ginn again

It's not that he is a 100% better return man than Ginn. I am aware of his fumble issues in college, especially in big games, and am well aware of whats happened in his NFL career.

I just feel that Kyle is a much better receiving option than Ginn and that with some improvement in his return game he will be able to effectively replace him entirely.

Also, we are dreadfully thin at OLB and pretty decent in WR depth, so being able to drop Ginn and pick up an extra OLB is an intriguing prospect to me.
yea I saw him on tv sunday
Share 49ersWebzone