LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Who will be our Offensive Coordinator next year if Roman leaves?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know this talk is premature , but WHEN our team enjoys success in the playoffs, and we finish the regular season strong , some team is gonna come calling for one of our coordinators , probably Roman IMO, cause when a team has a winning season, woeful teams usually pick someone off the staff in hopes of duplicating the same success , so naturally Roman will be a hot candidate, because having "Offensive Coordnator of the San Francisco 49ers" listed on a resume looks real nice (ala Mike Holmgrem, Mike Shannahan, Mike McCarthy , Norv Turner ) even though it didnt help Mike Johnson, Jim Hostler and Jimmy Raye

but once the season is over , and Roman is offered a HC gig , who will take his spot , "Geep Chryst?" "Tom Rathman?" or will Harbaugh hire someone else to be his OC?

Just a hypothetical question for the sake of discussion, if this thread annoys you, then refrain from commenting ....No Flamethrowers please
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Geep Chryst /thread

Promote the QB coach, poach a college OC for the QB coach position. Nothing to difficult about this decision.
Harbaughs dad
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Harbaughs dad

Jack Harbaugh is BADASS
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Harbaughs dad

Jack Harbaugh is BADASS

lol - would be awesome but the elder Harbaugh is already an unpaid scout and film assist for us and the Ravens
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Harbaughs dad

Jack Harbaugh is BADASS

lol - would be awesome but the elder Harbaugh is already an unpaid scout and film assist for us and the Ravens

I'd like to talk football with all 3 Harbaugh boys over some coffee , that would be cool
Tolzien
I'd hope we hijack shaw, i doubt it but it would be nice
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol, who would want Roman? we can't even convert a 3rd down.
It doesn't matter as long as they can:

- Call a screen pass against an over aggressive D-line
- Call a pass rout over 15 yards
- Does not run the ball 3 straight plays when down by 2 scores in the 4rth quarter

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I thought the same thing about Mike McCarthy ...lol ...our offense wasnt very creative when he was here, granted we didnt have the playmakers to get it done, but nothing about McCarthy's offense suggested he was head coach material , but then he goes and develops an offensive juggernaut in Green Bay , stranger things have happened
Verga McChupas
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

this
Too early to tell but I'm not sure there will be much action for Roman.

The NFL is a passing league and so far his passing schemes haven't impressed me.
maybe start a thread when Harbaugh leaves ?
Share 49ersWebzone