LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 311 users in the forums

On Further Review

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
If you think the defense was ok on Sunday, you don't know football!! No one is suggesting to change it, but anyone who knows football can agree that it was awful against the Vikes!!

we missed more tackles in that game then we did all of last year. i guess alex is to blame for that
Yeah, cc, but we sleepwalked thru every other phase of the game too, which I guess is a good thing. If you are gonna stink it up, do it all in one game. In that we definitely succeeded. Sure don't want to see tackling, coaching, playcalling, fumbling, drops, like that again. I am down for 11- 5, but after Packers game, thot we might just run the table with 14-2. Now those "trap" games are making the 11-5 look more likely. Whether trap game means looking over today's opponent for next weeks, or thinking about last week's win, instead of this week's game, to me, this was a definite trap game...and everyone seemingly slept thru it. Hey, it happens...but I wouldn't want to put any money on having Harbaugh letting this happen again this week...he won't.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
No thoughts about the D?

Or our continued vulnerability to the screen? Any thoughts about the lack of a pass rush?

The problem with last week's game was that our D was ripped to shreds, and everyone has a blueprint.

Fortunately, not everyone has Peterson as a running back, so we can fudge that.

D was okay. Game could have turned on the fumble Harvin recovered or the missed interception. You could say the linebackers gave Petersen lots of respect, which he deserves.

How can you say the D was ok? It gave up 140+ yards rushing and 3 drives of 80+ yards. It could not get off the field, main reason why the Vikes controlled the time of possession by 7+ minutes.

we should change the D , not our inept O for the last year and a half !
play a couple of good game because it was set up by the D ! com on Man Alex is inept the HC don't trust him , he and everyone in this world knows where he is going with the ball , first VD 2nd Craps , anybody else throw deep maybe to Moss one on one or anything ! duck and run .

If you think the defense was ok on Sunday, you don't know football!! No one is suggesting to change it, but anyone who knows football can agree that it was awful against the Vikes!!

No one is saying our Defense didn't make mistakes. I think it is more true that although our defense played slightly out of character...our offense stunk it up even worse.
Upon further review, it's pretty obvious Tolzien wanted to play, but is too much of a nice guy to pull Smith. So he entered the body of Ponder and thats why we lost.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Upon further review, it's pretty obvious Tolzien wanted to play, but is too much of a nice guy to pull Smith. So he entered the body of Ponder and thats why we lost.

Best post yet! LMAO
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
After watching the Coaches Film (courtesy of Whomeam) the Viking game is much clearer in my head. Here's what I observed;

1. Ponder only looked for his first option, if it was covered he scrambled or ran.
2. Even on running plays the Viking safeties were backpedaling away from the line of scrimmage.
3. The Viking linebackers, for the most part, were near the line of scrimmage until the last few minutes of the game.
4. Every time Alex rolled to his right to pass it was a short throw.
5. The intermediate pass over the middle could have been exploited more.
6.Hunter was ineffective. The game called for the Niners to pound Frank up the middle.
7. Petersen is the best back in football (even after the surgery), however, his upright running style and planting at the line of scrimmage to find
find an opening is tough on the knees.
8.All in all the game wasn't that bad, we had our shots but bad calls and poor execution cost us more than the Vikings did. Ponder played the game of his life.

yet we didnt. so we fail
Originally posted by 9erred:
Upon further review

1. being down by 11 points with 7 minutes left the 49ers needed to throw on 2 out of 3 downs, would have preserved the clock and gave the team a chance.
2. When Alex saw they where defending the pass, he should NOT have audibled to a run play. He played right into the defenses plan, let the clock go down.
3. With 6 minutes left, and down by 11, the team should NOT have punted. The defense had not stopped the Vikings Offense all day, down by two there is a time when you have to fo ALL IN and that was the moment.
4. I really thought Kaepernick should have been in on the 3rd and long plays. He adds a dimension of speed that Alex does not have. You can fry me for this, but it is my opinion that if you need big chunk of yards, he is a better qb either by air or by his feet.

Yea our coaching staff was acting f**king full retard.... Wtf were they thinking?
What people don't get is the Vikings did something no team had ever done to us before within the entire Harbaugh era thus far... go 4th & goal against our D within the first offensive series.

Every previous team we've faced had cowered and went for '3', the Vikings followed through with their 'guarantee' and imposed their 'will' upon us. -This almost sucked the wind out of us, killed our mojo the entire game, it's like we didn't know how to react, they kicked our asses.

This will serve as the best loss we'll ever receive this season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yeah, cc, but we sleepwalked thru every other phase of the game too, which I guess is a good thing. If you are gonna stink it up, do it all in one game. In that we definitely succeeded. Sure don't want to see tackling, coaching, playcalling, fumbling, drops, like that again. I am down for 11- 5, but after Packers game, thot we might just run the table with 14-2. Now those "trap" games are making the 11-5 look more likely. Whether trap game means looking over today's opponent for next weeks, or thinking about last week's win, instead of this week's game, to me, this was a definite trap game...and everyone seemingly slept thru it. Hey, it happens...but I wouldn't want to put any money on having Harbaugh letting this happen again this week...he won't.
yes doc. i have said alot that was the biggest thing to me,, they acted like it was ten am and i guess to them it was. That is why i am thinking , hoping and expecting the team to have much much more energy sunday. i think going old school in ohio in the parking lots in the rain was good for them. They should be upset with thier "effort" last sunday and i think it will be much better this sunday. they can not get off to a poor start again though and they must bring more energy to the table
Share 49ersWebzone