There are 249 users in the forums

We deserved that loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by killajay209:
what really dissapoints me is the defense let Ponder drive down field/ we deserve this loss

freddy p. soft
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Get Moss more involved!!

I have been a Moss supporter since we signed him, but I confess I am starting to have my doubts. I think I would focus more on a mix of Crabs and Manningham.

He certainly didn't help his case. I heard he was openly pouting on the sideline. That sort of behavior doesn't fly with Jim Harbaugh.

Honestly, I can't understand that attitude sometimes. This is the greatest game in the world. Very few people get the opportunity to play in this league. How can you just sulk that opportunity away?
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
what really dissapoints me is the defense let Ponder drive down field/ we deserve this loss

freddy p. soft

I was thinking that during the game.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

freddy p. soft

I was thinking that during the game.

I think the coaches got a little too cozy with Mr. Soft on the flight -- not going for the throat when KW had the monster return showed me our coaches had no sense of urgency. 3 straight runs and a FG????? We already had one blocked....Come on.....
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 24, 2012 at 6:42 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we lost, short memory guys. you guys didnt expect us to go 16-0. we lost to an unexpected team but a loss is a loss. we lost last year early on to dallas and we took it as motivation and hit the rest of the league in the mouth. harbaugh is a great coach and he will use this loss as motivation. cockiness killed the niners today. they overlooked them and it bit them in the ass

Agreed every good team loses to a scrub team every year. I happens. The season is too long. Lets move on. The 49ers came out flat and it showed.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Get Moss more involved!!

I have been a Moss supporter since we signed him, but I confess I am starting to have my doubts. I think I would focus more on a mix of Crabs and Manningham.

Manningham is a much better WR at this time. Moss is not the same as he was and dropped a pass in the open that the old Moss would have caught. I say it is time to give AJ some playing time and bring manningham in as our 2nd. Crabs and Manningham would scare defenses more than Moss does anymore.
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
They just beat us, end of story. Hope this is motivation, look at last year after the Dallas loss

Great way to look at it. Vikings beat the Niners at their own game. Moving on.........
Ponder looked like he should be the one in a few state farm commercials.
(or whatever company does the discount double choke)
freddy p. soft

This .
And hopefully Youngstown makes them realize they dont wear those blue collar shirts because they look cool.
EVERY team that plays the niners will play them like its the super bowl.
They have to be ready for that.
lock this thread. game already happened

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
They just beat us, end of story. Hope this is motivation, look at last year after the Dallas loss

Great way to look at it. Vikings beat the Niners at their own game. Moving on.........

Give a little credit to singletary....he wanted this win more than anyone. Lots of hugs from his former players
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
both teams played hord
Better now than later. Ponder won the game for them. Look for more QB's to scramble against us. Our coaches need to fix this.

Our Dline needs a better rotation. Our receivers weren't getting quick separation. Manningham needs to be on the field more. Alex overthrew Moss for a TD that should have happened.

I feel we have to show some quick strike capability to keep teams off balance. Alex and VD have a very good connection - we need to get it with Moss & Manningham.

It's only one loss BUT it should be a wake-up call to the coaches.
It was a complete team loss, coaches were too cute trying to get Moss more involved, and not coming after the young QB early.
Fangio has had a little trouble in the past with well balanced teams, we need to score early, to help make our opponents become on dimensional.
The defense looked a slow, low effort all around...accept J. Smith...he never seems to take things lightly.
Offense, all around failure to adjust, failure to play physical, and well failure in the clutch.
Only Kyle Williams and the special teams looked ready, funny because they have been the weak link in the first two games.
Well, it had to happen, and the thing to take away from it is, a loss like this should help refocus the team, it's a long season, and well we will win more than we lose and we will make the play offs.

Go NIners!
2 games against weak running teams softened the niners a bit, and they got overconfident in their "we will out fysical you" identity. I agree this may have been an ass kicking they needed.
Share 49ersWebzone